Looking for F# developer, Phoenix AZ

Jon Nyman

Mar 24, 2016, 7:19:37 PM3/24/16
to F# Discussions
For Phoenix AZ. The position isn't open to remote workers, unfortunately.

I'm looking for someone to join me at U-haul supporting the iOS developers using
ASP.NET WebAPI and support/refactor legacy applications. Also, we'll be building
a new application for system status of our outward facing APIs.

I work with:

F# (WebAPI with main project as C# and a library that does the brunt of the work in F#)
C# (ASP.NET MVC - Legacy code)
Node.js (For web apps and isomorphic pages)
T-SQL
JavaScript/HTML/CSS

I'm looking for someone with one or more years experience in ASP.NET and an interest
and willingness to learn functional programming.

Please e-mail me or reply to this post if you are interested:

Jon Nyman

Mar 25, 2016, 1:33:17 PM3/25/16
to F# Discussions
Some of the benefits of working at U-haul:

Flexible work schedule. You can come in anytime as long as they work 8 hours.

One day a week work from home.

Hardly ever work more than 40 hours...apparently some IT shops make you work 60 - 80 hours.

Very few calls on weekends and such. I've been working here for over a year and have never received a call.

Laid back environment.

Family oriented.

Well known company looks good on resume.

You gain experience working with very large systems.