.NET unikernel

Christopher Atkins

Jun 10, 2014, 6:23:15 PM6/10/14
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com
F#'s OCaml cousins are up to something very cool with MirageOS, and there are a number of similar efforts from Erlang (Erlang on Xen/Ling)  and HalVM (Haskell) to OSv (Java).

I am familiar with the existence of Singularity and Barrelfish, but is there anything like a unikernel being built anywhere for the Common Language Infrastructure?

Nicolas

Jun 11, 2014, 6:41:17 PM6/11/14
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com
pretty nice, thanks for sharing.

Nicolas

Jun 11, 2014, 6:54:33 PM6/11/14
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com
partial evaluation / staged compilation,  a very recurring theme..

Christopher Atkins

Jun 12, 2014, 12:28:33 AM6/12/14
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com
I thought it was cool to see Joinads rep'd:

That presentation is served by a ~1MB unikernel, cool stuff.

Robert Pickering

Jun 18, 2014, 9:45:48 AM6/18/14
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com
I've seen some docs that suggest it's possible to run mono on Xen, and therefore F#, but no specific details about how to do this. For example see:

To post, send email to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com

Shalok Shalom

Oct 3, 2017, 1:03:44 PM10/3/17
to F# Discussions