FSharp library documentation on extension methods

Casper Bollen

Nov 18, 2016, 10:17:54 AM11/18/16
to F# Discussions
I spent some frustrating moments trying to get to call AsQueryable on native Fsharp sequences and lists. I knew the extension method existed, but I couldn't find anywhere which namespace/dll I had to open. The official MSDN documentation was very unhelpful in this.

Did I miss a documentation source? Could I have found out this any other way (other than going through GitHub trying to find example code)?

Yawar Amin

Nov 19, 2016, 6:33:08 PM11/19/16
to F# Discussions
Hi,

On Friday, November 18, 2016 at 10:17:54 AM UTC-5, Casper Bollen wrote:
I spent some frustrating moments trying to get to call AsQueryable on native Fsharp sequences and lists. I knew the extension method existed, but I couldn't find anywhere which namespace/dll I had to open. The official MSDN documentation was very unhelpful in this.

Did I miss a documentation source? Could I have found out this any other way (other than going through GitHub trying to find example code)?

Can you clarify what you tried and what problems you faced? I seem to have gotten it working in 10 seconds.

Regards,

Yawar

Casper Bollen

Nov 22, 2016, 7:41:14 AM11/22/16
to F# Discussions
Once you know the right namespace to open, it is a no brainer. But my question was, when you don't know this, were to find out.

Yawar Amin

Nov 22, 2016, 9:05:10 AM11/22/16
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com
Can't really say much unless I know what you tried ;-)
To post, send email to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com

Jindřich Ivánek

Nov 22, 2016, 12:42:58 PM11/22/16
to F# Discussions
There is FSDN: http://fsdn.azurewebsites.net/

Query "seq<'t> -> IQueryable<'t>" finds AsQueryable.