Cross-compilation for F# to Javascript

63 ikustaldi
Joan irakurri gabeko lehen mezura

Alexandru Nedelcu

irakurri gabe,
2015(e)ko ira. 30(a) (08:09:45)15/9/30
Hartzailea: F# Discussions
Hi,

I'm interested in either FunScript or WebSharper, but being new to F# (and .NET) I have a question ... using any of these, can I build F# libraries that are cross-compiled to Javascript and .NET? Are there such libraries in existence? If yes, how will the distribution of such dependencies work?

Thanks,

--
Alexandru Nedelcu

Anton Tayanovskyy

irakurri gabe,
2015(e)ko ira. 30(a) (11:03:59)15/9/30
Hartzailea: fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com
With WebSharper, the answer is definitely yes. WebSharper produces
assemblies that can be distributed using NuGet. These assemblies can
carry a mix of JavaScript-only, .NET only, and mixed (runs on both
JavaScript and .NET code). If you are careful, you can minimize the
surface of code that is not in mixed mode, and make the entire
application work in both modes. It is not a common usecase, but it is
possible. --A
> --
> --
> To post, send email to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com