Hive Type Provider

Isaac Abraham

Apr 8, 2014, 4:04:03 PM4/8/14
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com
The other day I tried to open up the Hive Type Provider (from http://fsharp3sample.codeplex.com/) only to find that it doesn’t actually compile as it’s missing a few files that are referenced in the codebase!

Has anyone either (a) got it working, or at least (b) have a working copy of the dll?

Cheers

Isaac

Matthew Moloney

Apr 8, 2014, 5:42:11 PM4/8/14
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com

G’day Isaac

Email me, or skype me (moloneymb) for more details.

Cheers,

Matt

To post, send email to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com

Don Syme

Apr 10, 2014, 10:43:58 AM4/10/14
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Matt has placed a very preliminary, compiling version of the Hive Type provider here:

                https://github.com/fsprojects/FSharp.Data.HiveProvider

It’s very early days yet, and if you can help with project scaffolding, nuget package, samples etc. for the project then I’m sure that would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

Don

Matthew Moloney

Apr 10, 2014, 12:37:21 PM4/10/14
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com

Hi folks,

Thanks Don, I’m in the process of setting up the nugget package.

I’ll be working on the rest as well so if ppl are interested in committing please contact me so we can coordinate.

Cheers,

Matt

Isaac Abraham

Apr 10, 2014, 5:51:30 PM4/10/14
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com
Matt,

Thanks for sorting this out - much appreciated. Yes, please let me know if I can help in any (limited) fashion.

Is it worth moving this (or starting a new) discussion to the F# Data Science list?

Matthew Moloney

Apr 10, 2014, 7:11:33 PM4/10/14
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com

Sure,

Let’s move it over to that list.

Tomas Petricek (Info)

Apr 11, 2014, 11:06:43 AM4/11/14
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com

Just a quick link regarding the Nuget package – have a look at the F# project scaffold:

https://github.com/fsprojects/FSharp.ProjectScaffold

It gives you the usual F# project structure used by a majority of F# open-source projects. By using it, you’ll get Nuget package pretty much for free, together with other nice things like good test setup, build scripts and nice documentation.

T.

Steffen Forkmann

Apr 11, 2014, 11:13:35 AM4/11/14
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com

I needed then I can help with that. I added the ProjectScaffolding stuff to a couple of type provider projects.

Matthew Moloney

Apr 11, 2014, 4:03:07 PM4/11/14
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for pointing this out – it will come in handy. I’ll get on it.

Cheers,

Matt