F# in VS 2017 is notably slower

Matthew Moloney

Jun 14, 2017, 4:08:16 PM6/14/17
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com

Hi folks,

The main thing that I can notice is that the Syntax Highlighting is notably slower but the rest of it can feel pretty sluggish.

There seems to be some power tools features added to the editor by default and there is no way for me to turn them off to get the performance back.

I'm working on an pretty beefy desktop so I doubt it's my computer.

Is it just me or does anyone else notice it being slow?

Cheers,
Matt

Stephen Swensen

Sep 14, 2017, 10:05:54 PM9/14/17
to F# Discussions
I've noticed too with syntax highlighting and error feedback (when lots of errors across many files, say from a refactoring, fixing one error seems to require full rebuild or patience to have editor reflect it is fixed).