Can I use an existing Open Source License for my open source project?

zing...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2014, 3:26:18 AM4/9/14
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com
sir/madam,

I am a web developer, and I don't have enough knowledge about software
licenses. I wish to publish some of my works, and I need to select
licenses for them. My software product is free of cost, but I have
some restrictions on distribution/modification of the code:

It's free of cost (but donations are acceptable), but enterprise
edition was commercial. OR (now it's free for reach more customer,
after it will commercial)

The source code is freely available. You can use, customize or
edit/remove code .but main condition is informed our support center
for customized and edit/remove code.

You don't have any permission to change the product name.

You can't remove the original author's name from the license.

You can put the license file or license code anywhere in the project
file or folder.

I am thinking about (see tags): gpl, mit-license, apache-license, and
bsd-license.

what is best licence for me ??

please give some advice and guide :)

Daniel Fabian

Apr 9, 2014, 3:44:34 AM4/9/14
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com
you probably would need to have a dual license. Something like a GPL (it cannot be easily used for commercial purposes) + your own proprietary one.

To post, send email to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com

Morgan Persson

Apr 9, 2014, 3:50:15 AM4/9/14
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com
Take a look at AGPL. RavenDB uses that licence and its free for OSS.