quick River 3 question

John Evdemon

May 10, 2014, 12:18:06 PM5/10/14
to fronti...@googlegroups.com
Seems to work well except nothing from Hacker News ever shows up. All the other feeds seem to work well. Has anyone encountered a similar issue where a single feed never appears in the river but all others do?
Thanks in advance for any advice!

John

Andrew Shell

May 10, 2014, 12:21:23 PM5/10/14
to fronti...@googlegroups.com
What feed are you subscribed to?  At one time there was a "Hacker News Firehose" but it's been broken for a while.

John

Dave Winer

May 10, 2014, 1:00:35 PM5/10/14
to frontier-user
If you all can find a Hacker News feed that works, I'd like to have it again myself.

John Evdemon

May 12, 2014, 1:41:50 PM5/12/14
to fronti...@googlegroups.com, da...@smallpicture.com
I've been using this feed with Digg Reader and it seems to work fine there.  Nothing from HN ever shows up in my river though, not sure why.
https://news.ycombinator.com/rss

Andrew Shell

May 12, 2014, 2:27:33 PM5/12/14
to fronti...@googlegroups.com, da...@smallpicture.com
River3 can't handle https urls. :(

John Evdemon

Jun 2, 2014, 7:03:54 PM6/2/14
to fronti...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately I had to kill my River3 implementation - it kept locking up my OPML Server.  I'm running on Windows Server 2012 R2.  The OPML Server would periodically lock up with nothing in the event log to help me figure out the cause.  Since I got rid of River3 my OPML lockups have disappeared.

Has anyone else had this problem?  I'd love to run River3 but given the lockup issues I can't.
Thanks in advance for any feedback/advice/flames/etc.