JS/CSS with ZF1

Martin Prebio

May 31, 2012, 11:44:49 AM5/31/12
to frontend-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are building and maintaining several ZF1 applications for clients (with a doctrine/bisna/... PHP Stack) and we're using many JS libraries as well. At the moment all the JS/CSS libraries are copied to each repository but we want to move all this stuff to composer too because this approach a big update burden. So our goal is to have a repository of our used libraries and just have to require a library and it's downloaded and installed by composer automatically.

Currently I've started a custom installer which installs 'public-libraries' to /public/vendor and I'm going to extend this to support a layout inclusion process with a minifying library. I'm using satis which was recommended by the composer page and currently my plan was to write some scripts which load the released libraries from jquery.com, etc and automatically creating a repository.json for satis.

Martin Prebio

Jordi Boggiano

May 31, 2012, 11:50:24 AM5/31/12
to frontend-...@googlegroups.com
Heya,

> Currently I've started a custom installer which installs
> 'public-libraries' to /public/vendor and I'm going to extend this to
> support a layout inclusion process with a minifying library. I'm using
> satis which was recommended by the composer page and currently my plan
> was to write some scripts which load the released libraries from
> jquery.com, etc and automatically creating a repository.json for satis.

What you describe is exactly the kind of hacks that I am trying to
prevent. Everyone wasting time redoing the same boring stuff is not how
the world moves forward. We need better solutions. That takes some
initial time investment, but then everything moves faster.

Cheers

--
Jordi Boggiano
@seldaek - http://nelm.io/jordi