Time Entry based on entering / exiting a GeoFenced area?

David Clarke

Oct 19, 2015, 6:37:52 PM10/19/15
to FreshBooks API (not monitored)
Hello,

Forgive the novice here from posting to a developer forum, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience (or suggestions) for how to create time entries for FreshBooks in conjunction with entering / exiting a geofenced area.

It appears the development framework for Freshbooks has the hooks to post / update time entries, but there may be a couple of missing pieces and, of course, something to wrap it all up to make it work.

- GeoHopper is an app that I've used to determine when I enter / exit a defined geofenced area based on map location (or iBeacons, but map location more relevant)
- GeoHopper can initiate a web service in conjunction with entry / exist of the area.
- I think the next step is start/stop a timer somewhere... the timer starts when you first enter the area (AND STAY WITHIN THAT AREA for at least X number of minutes - eliminates the random drive by or walk by without business purpose) and stops when you exit the area
- when the timer stops and a total time elapsed is established, request input for purpose of visit or other notes to add to the time entry into FreshBooks.

I know there are apps like Workflow that can do a bunch of this, but I'm just not sure how to put it all together...

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
-d