Setting Default PayPal Setting to "Business" via API

Bodie

Apr 23, 2012, 5:10:56 PM4/23/12
to FreshBooks API
This question was asked almost a year ago on the old forums and it was
supposed to be sent to the developers for review. Just checking in
because it still doesn't seem to be working. I can't get PayPal
Business to be the default for invoices created via API. Specifically
they're created from a recurring profile that is created via API.

The old post: http://community.freshbooks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7999

Anything new to report? Is it planned to be fixed? Thanks!

Nox Dineen (FreshBooks)

Apr 25, 2012, 4:48:55 PM4/25/12
to freshbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bodie,

With invoice.create you can include gateway information to ensure that PayPal Business Payments is the selected gateway, but I'm afraid recurring.create still only accepts gateway info to be used in an auto-billing situation. Since Business Payments isn't an auto-bill capable gateway you still can't specify it when creating a recurring profile via the API.

I can definitely bring this up with the API team again, but I can't make you any promises.

For now it looks like you may be stuck doing something like setting up a webhook for invoice.create and then doing an invoice.update call as soon as a profile generates an invoice, adding in Business Payments as the selected payment option.

Hope this helps.  :)

Nox Dineen | FreshBooks

inveni0

Mar 25, 2016, 10:40:27 AM3/25/16
to FreshBooks API (not monitored)
I don't see "gateway" as an example in the invoice.create documentation. How should we send this information during this call?