freshbooks-api using C# - UnauthorizedAccessException

Archvile

Mar 7, 2016, 11:02:16 AM3/7/16
to FreshBooks API (not monitored)
Hi folks,

I need some help with just getting connected to the freshbooks account using the api. Sounds like a broken record but unfortunately my attempts have been fruitless.

I actually have an account with freshbooks that I use to send invoices log expenses etc., to my clients. Recently I developed some visualizations on the spreadhseets that I get after exporting the reports. I figured I am sure there is a way to just call into freshbooks and get that data without having to run the report by logging to the account and exporting the data manually.

So I asked freshbooks and they gave me the Authentication Token and the OAuth Secret.
I downloaded the freshbooks-api from here: https://code.google.com/archive/p/freshbooks-api/ and attempted to use.
In my case I am the user account AND the developer account and accessing my data. so for e.g. http://myapplicationcompany.freshbooks.com

As dim as it might sound I have been stuck on the first call with unauthorized access!

FreshbooksApi api = new FreshbooksApi("myapplicationcompany", "myapplicationcompany", "my--oauth-secret");

I get the  'fbapi.AuthorizationHeader' threw an exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException'

Am I using the correct parameters for the call? Anyone can point me in the right direction?
All help Much appreciated