Expense image attachment through API

bretto

Feb 15, 2012, 6:20:21 PM2/15/12
to FreshBooks API
Hello,
I'm doing a bit of research into the API and I was wondering if
there's functionality built in to allow for the attachment of images
to an expense in the same way you can do it though the website?

Thanks,
-brett

Nox Dineen (FreshBooks)

Feb 17, 2012, 12:15:37 PM2/17/12
to FreshBooks API
Hi Brett,

We're actually still doing some final testing on the new API calls
before we confirm current calls and parameters are finalized.
Unfortunately that means that for the time being you do need to use
the web app to attach a receipt image.

Cheers,
Nox Dineen || FreshBooks

bretto

Feb 17, 2012, 3:00:04 PM2/17/12
to FreshBooks API
Hey Nox,
Thanks for the reply. Do you have any idea of an estimate for when the
new calls are finalized?

-brett

On Feb 17, 10:15 am, "Nox Dineen (FreshBooks)" <n...@freshbooks.com>

Nox Dineen (FreshBooks)

Feb 17, 2012, 3:51:40 PM2/17/12
to FreshBooks API
Hi Brett,

I'm sorry, I'm hesitant to estimate in case something delays it and
people end up banking on my estimated release date. I'm pretty excited
about some of the new API functionality, so I will definitely keep
pestering people internally to get things tested, documented and out
for public use as fast as we can.

Cheers,
Nox

Arthur Wiebe

Mar 12, 2012, 9:23:29 AM3/12/12
to freshbo...@googlegroups.com
Just want to chime in and say I'm looking forward to the ability to added attachments to expenses via the API as well. I will immediately build an iPhone app to be able to take a photo of a receipt and enter it Straight into Freshbooks, or even better you guys update the MiniBooks app to do the same thing.

Fresh Marcos

Mar 12, 2012, 11:37:11 AM3/12/12
to freshbo...@googlegroups.com
Hey Arthur,

I'm glad that you guys are helping us push new ideas to our API. As Nox said we can't commit to any timeline, but I'm also exited with this possibility... I will make sure to count your vote for this feature.

--------
Fresh Marcos

Michael

May 26, 2012, 9:48:06 PM5/26/12
to freshbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nox, Marcos -

You can count me in, too with this. I'm looking forward to ability to attach receipt images to expenses via the API as well - that'll come in really handy for an app I'm in the planning stages for.

Thanks,
Michael Bester

Darren Tong

Jun 1, 2012, 4:04:58 PM6/1/12
to FreshBooks API
Hello ,

I too am interested. In addition I would like to be able to retrieve
the attached images via the API as well.

Thanks, Darren.

Jeff

Nov 17, 2012, 6:52:36 PM11/17/12
to freshbo...@googlegroups.com
Is this available now? I wasn't able to see any information on the API documentations which mention images import/export.

Thanks
Jeff

Fresh Daniel

Nov 19, 2012, 10:41:43 AM11/19/12
to freshbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

Sadly, if the functionality isn't in the API documentation, then it's not available :(  Sorry Jeff.

FreshScott

Nov 19, 2012, 11:12:59 AM11/19/12
to freshbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,