Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

Jeremy

nepřečteno,
7. 12. 2011 17:07:2407.12.11
komu: frePPLe users
Hi,
I am trying to use Frepple to figure out what beers to brew each day
and how many fermentation tanks are needed in the brewery, given the
following:
-- There are three types of beer, A, B and C. Each beer, after it is
brewed, needs a specific time in a single fermentation tank. (e.g.
there is a lager that needs a tank for five weeks, but an ale that
needs a tank for only one week).
-- There is a weekly demand for each of the beers (e.g. X litres of A,
Y litres of B and Z litres of C).

(I think) I am trying to minimize the number of (expensive)
fermentation tanks, by producing a plan saying "brew this beer on this
day (be it A, B, or C), whilst meeting the demand.

Frepple is new to me and I am confused as to whether, for e.g., the
fermenters are buffers, or resources which the brewing process loads,
or there should be calendar buckets describing the fermenter
availability over time, etc, etc.

Any assitance much appreciated.

All the best,
Jeremy

johan de taeye

nepřečteno,
9. 12. 2011 6:07:2409.12.11
komu: freppl...@googlegroups.com

>>Frepple is new to me and I am confused as to whether, for e.g., the
fermenters are buffers, or resources
>>which the brewing process loads, or there should be calendar buckets
describing the fermenter availability
>>over time, etc, etc.

Each fermenter would be modeled as a RESOURCE.
You'll define an OPERATION called "fermentation" which claims that resource
and takes a certain amount of time.
Using a LOAD you specify that the operation requires the fermenter resource.
Using FLOWS you model that this fermentation operation produces a certain
amount of beer in an end item BUFFER at the end, and also consumes materials
as input at the start. The consumed material can be a raw material or an
intermediate item (that has is produced with another operation called
"brewing").

Regards,

Johan, a big beer consumer from Belgian

dieter.f...@gmail.com

nepřečteno,
7. 12. 2013 9:57:1507.12.13
komu: freppl...@googlegroups.com, jeremy....@googlemail.com
Hi Jeremy,
I am trying to do the exact same you had asked about. My friend has a brewery and he is also trying to optimize utilization of his fermenters.
Did you find a solution to your problem?
Thanks,
Dieter

marko obrknezev

nepřečteno,
12. 2. 2017 17:16:3012.02.17
komu: frePPLe users, jeremy....@googlemail.com
Hi,
Have you found the solution to this problem. Im just now trying to model a brewery but the problem is that resource (fermentor) is used not just as a fermentation and maturation are performed but also as the stock of mature beer is kept. I am wondering if "tool" can be used for that. Tool should be requisitioned when starting fermentation, and released when packing.
Marko

Johan De Taeye

nepřečteno,
13. 2. 2017 11:45:0913.02.17
komu: freppl...@googlegroups.com, jeremy....@googlemail.com

Hi Jeremy,

>>Have you found the solution to this problem. Im just now trying to model a brewery but the problem is that resource (fermentor) is used not just as
>>a fermentation and maturation are performed but also as the stock of mature beer is kept. I am wondering if "tool" can be used for that. Tool should

>>be requisitioned when starting fermentation, and released when packing.

FrePPLe is not an ideal fit for this type of process.   Its data model and solver algorithm are designed for discrete manufacturing industries.

It would require some non-trivial enhancement to adjust for this.

As this thread shows the biggest modeling gap is that in your process a “storage tank / fermentor” combines properties from both “buffer” and “resource” concept.

To enhance the solver to plan that buffer as a resource is also not a simple modification.

These modifications are currently not in our roadmap, but we are always open to sponsors and collaborators to make this happen.

Regards,

Johan

Johan De Taeye

Mob: +32 477.385.362

Skype: jdetaeye

Visit us at https://frepple.com

marko obrknezev

nepřečteno,
21. 8. 2017 12:25:2421.08.17
komu: frePPLe users, jeremy....@googlemail.com
Hi Both,

I was thinking about the very same problem. Would it be possible to model fermentor somehow as a "Tool", that is reserved when at first brew, and released with last filling operation?

Br,
Marko
Odpovědět všem
Odpověď autorovi