reconciling

sole practitioner

Nov 3, 2013, 4:25:49 PM11/3/13
to freemed...@googlegroups.com
Using "claims manager" to enter insurance payments.  Today the drop down box for "Payer" is blank.  I'm stuck, can't enter any statements.

The only thing I have touched is changing ptarchive (see Oct 6 reply, which seemed to work perfectly).  This is Freemed v0.8.5, REMITT v1.1 running on a older Debian machine.  Any ideas?  -tbh

Jeff

Nov 3, 2013, 6:39:05 PM11/3/13
to FreeMED Support
On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 4:25 PM, sole practitioner <trevo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Using "claims manager" to enter insurance payments.  Today the drop down box for "Payer" is blank.  I'm stuck, can't enter any statements.

The only thing I have touched is changing ptarchive (see Oct 6 reply, which seemed to work perfectly).  This is Freemed v0.8.5, REMITT v1.1 running on a older Debian machine.  Any ideas?  -tbh

Did this work earlier? Theoretically, if there are payer entries in the insco table and active coverages in the coverage table, that should populate properly.

--
Thanks,
Jeff

sole practitioner

Nov 3, 2013, 7:37:23 PM11/3/13
to freemed...@googlegroups.com
Yep, until today everything working just fine!  Everything else is working normally (can create new patient, can assign coverage, create billable procedure, bill the procedure).  It is just this one thing that needs fixing.

I'm working on creating a new virtual  Debian machine and loading FreeMED to see if problem exists if I copy same database over.  -tbh
Message has been deleted

Jeff

Nov 3, 2013, 10:41:02 PM11/3/13
to FreeMED Support
On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM, sole practitioner <trevo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yep, until today everything working just fine!  Everything else is working normally (can create new patient, can assign coverage, create billable procedure, bill the procedure).  It is just this one thing that needs fixing.

I'm working on creating a new virtual  Debian machine and loading FreeMED to see if problem exists if I copy same database over.  -tbh

I haven't heard of anything like this breaking in 0.8.x (considering that I've orphaned the task of performing any feature enhancements on it, in favor of the modern 0.9.x series), but I can give you some advice for tracking it down.

The "Payer" dropdowns in the Claims Manager are populated by the "aging_insurance_companies" function in lib/class.ClaimLog.php ; that roughly translates to:

SELECT CONCAT(i.insconame, ' (', i.inscocity, ', ',i.inscostate, ')') AS payer, i.id AS payer_id, SUM(p.procbalcurrent) AS balance FROM procrec AS p, coverage AS c, insco AS i WHERE p.proccurcovid=c.id AND c.covinsco=i.id AND (TO_DAYS(NOW()) - TO_DAYS(p.procdt) > '0') GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY payer;

If that isn't populating properly, there's a good chance that there is problem with your database.

Jeff

Nov 5, 2013, 1:25:35 AM11/5/13
to FreeMED Support
On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 9:56 PM, sole practitioner <trevo...@gmail.com> wrote: