Trouble with Module Installation

Edward Skees

Aug 28, 2013, 11:40:05 AM8/28/13
to freemed...@googlegroups.com
Jeff,

I'm running the system on AWS server and it appears to be running great until I go to the Utilities > ACL link.  What I'm attempting to do is find a way to add modules, however when I select this link I'm stuck in an endless loop (or at least 15 min's before I bailed).  How can I add modules on the 0.9.x build?

Thanks
Ed

Jeff

Aug 28, 2013, 12:15:39 PM8/28/13
to FreeMED Support
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Edward Skees <ed.s...@perthera.com> wrote:
Jeff,

I'm running the system on AWS server and it appears to be running great until I go to the Utilities > ACL link.  What I'm attempting to do is find a way to add modules, however when I select this link I'm stuck in an endless loop (or at least 15 min's before I bailed).  How can I add modules on the 0.9.x build?

Check to make sure that data/schema/mysql/acl.sql imported properly, otherwise the definitions for the modules would not have been properly loaded into the tables which phpgacl relies upon. If there's some issue in the install procedure, I'd like to figure out what it is.

--
Thanks,
Jeff

Edward Skees

Aug 28, 2013, 12:21:28 PM8/28/13
to freemed...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the freemed/data/schema/mysql/acl.sql file does exist and I did a quick check of the freemen database and it appears to agree with the file:

+---------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field         | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+---------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| id            | int(11)      | NO   | PRI | 0       |       |
| section_value | varchar(240) | NO   | MUL | 0       |       |
| value         | varchar(240) | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| order_value   | int(11)      | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| name          | varchar(255) | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| hidden        | int(11)      | NO   | MUL | 0       |       |

Edward Skees

Aug 28, 2013, 12:40:24 PM8/28/13
to freemed...@googlegroups.com
I suddenly noticed a typo "freemen" was supposed to be "freemen" - the database has the correct name.

Sorry for any confusion.

Ed

Jeff

Aug 28, 2013, 1:00:38 PM8/28/13
to FreeMED Support
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Edward Skees <ed.s...@perthera.com> wrote:
Yes, the freemed/data/schema/mysql/acl.sql file does exist and I did a quick check of the freemen database and it appears to agree with the file:

+---------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field         | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+---------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| id            | int(11)      | NO   | PRI | 0       |       |
| section_value | varchar(240) | NO   | MUL | 0       |       |
| value         | varchar(240) | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| order_value   | int(11)      | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| name          | varchar(255) | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| hidden        | int(11)      | NO   | MUL | 0       |       |
+---------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
6 rows in set (0.00 sec)

There are a number of things that could cause what looks to be an infinite loop. Check to make sure that the memory limit assigned to PHP is high enough (and try temporarily bumping it up to 2x its current size and reloading apache2 to see if it affects anything), and check the apache2 error logs to see if something is dying out.

Edward Skees

Aug 28, 2013, 3:07:43 PM8/28/13
to freemed...@googlegroups.com
Okay Jeff,

I rebuilt the system bottom up capturing output (attached).  In addition, I couldn't find much in the apache2 error.log but I did notice a lot of calls for JSON timestamps.  But that was it.  Additional behavior is that I can't do much with the application because it appears without the modules I can't add patients.  I did push the php memory up to 1024M.

I'm sorry I can't provide more but I'm stumped at this point.  I was hoping to show this to our venture capitalist tomorrow at 1p EST so any help you can provide would be great.

Ed

--
output_2.txt
output_3.txt

Jeff

Aug 28, 2013, 3:13:42 PM8/28/13
to FreeMED Support
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Edward Skees <ed.s...@perthera.com> wrote:
Okay Jeff,

I rebuilt the system bottom up capturing output (attached).  In addition, I couldn't find much in the apache2 error.log but I did notice a lot of calls for JSON timestamps.  But that was it.  Additional behavior is that I can't do much with the application because it appears without the modules I can't add patients.  I did push the php memory up to 1024M.

I'm sorry I can't provide more but I'm stumped at this point.  I was hoping to show this to our venture capitalist tomorrow at 1p EST so any help you can provide would be great.

It's complaining of issues with the ACL table, which may or may not indicate the issue:

freemed[22704]: ACL : setup(), a6ac7151-bc5a-4ae1-853a-cec0b53a2ea6 0.8.0.1
freemed[22704]: ACL : not installed?
freemed[22704]: FreemedDb: _doQuery: [Error message: Could not execute statement]
[Last executed query: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM acl]
[Native code: 1146]
[Native message: Table 'freemed.acl' doesn't exist]
freemed[22704]: ACL : _setup returned
freemed[22704]: ACL : call module_register
freemed[22704]: ACL : exiting setup() with
I'm not sure if that's the root of the issue or not. If you're in a time crunch, you can go to system settings and disable all or part of the ACL checking mechanism. In the meantime, check the table entries to see if they correspond with the entries in acl.sql ; if it's missing module entries, it's probably not going to work.

Edward Skees

Aug 28, 2013, 3:23:24 PM8/28/13
to freemed...@googlegroups.com
Makes sense.  When I first looked at these lines I reasoned out to myself that I needed to add these via the tool.  But, later I realized my reading was for 0.8.5 since there menu calls didn't line up.  But, put me into an ignorance vortex since the documentation links within the tools tend to say not added.  Which appeared to me to be the Help module.  And down I spiraled.

Oh well.  One thing I did ignore was the msttcorefonts dependancy.  My AWS image is pretty much locked down and I couldn't install them easily (I can do them via the rtf-mscorefonts-installer_3.4_nmu1_all.deb) in needed.

Thanks for your help and I'll look through the MySQL freemed database.

Ed

Edward Skees

Aug 28, 2013, 4:31:07 PM8/28/13
to freemed...@googlegroups.com
Jeff and you point me to the systems setting in 0.9.x so that I can disable the ACL?

Edward Skees

Aug 28, 2013, 8:25:25 PM8/28/13
to freemed...@googlegroups.com
Jeff,

Do you all have a prebuilt tar ball that I could try?

Ed

Jeff

Aug 29, 2013, 11:33:41 AM8/29/13
to FreeMED Support
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Edward Skees <ed.s...@perthera.com> wrote:
Jeff and you point me to the systems setting in 0.9.x so that I can disable the ACL?

The config key is "acl_patient". If you're missing that value (which I believe you are -- my oversight, not yours), try running this in MySQL:

CALL config_Register (
        'acl_patient',
        '1',
        'Patient-Level ACLs',
        'ACL',
        'YesNo',
        ''
);

 Then set the value to false with:

UPDATE config SET c_value = '0' WHERE c_option = 'acl_patient';

That should disable patient-level ACLs. I'm patching the default schema file for "config" to have that option (as it should have, all along).

Edward Skees

Aug 30, 2013, 9:12:58 AM8/30/13
to freemed...@googlegroups.com
Jeff,

I apologize for the late response.  Thank you for the input.  Our demo went very well and the VC was very happy with the direction we've decided to take.  After a few hours rest I was able to think clear enough to get things going well enough to demo FreeMED.  I did avoid the following areas that I was trying to get going earlier:

1. Selecting ACL on the Utilities link.
2. Getting one of my Users (e.g., Patient Coordinator) to log in.  At this time only the arbitrary user set during setup can log in, which leaves the users added in the app out in the cold.
3. Using the help menu since all of them said there was no "en_US" index.  I did check and saw that all of the help files were in the directory.  I suspected that it was because the "if" statement in locale found nothing and therefore built nothing.  But, that is a big drawback if you're not providing documentation outside of the app and the user can't get it up with documentation.  That's a lot of files to manually mill through.

Thanks again for your help and after I get this together I'll pas back my install notes and insights.

Ed

I will go back and attempt a better look at the installation and

Edward Skees

Aug 30, 2013, 1:30:46 PM8/30/13
to freemed...@googlegroups.com
Jeff,

Feedback.  I did the "CALL" and "UPDATE" actions on the freemed database and the system still behaves as it did.  I'd really like to get a version of this working reasonably well this coming week.  <sigh> users always want something - I know.  Does you build system display the help files and allow the user (someone other than the use I add when building) to log in?  If so can you tell me what your primary build platform/environment is and I'll attempt to duplicate it.

For me I'm currently on Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit and 10.10 64-bit.  I'm able to build right on through with only one exception which is the build/make of .../locale.  All of the dependencies are installed and it appears to be fine.  But the system is definitely broken.

Attached are my build output files.

Thanks
Ed
make.txt
configure-settings-2.txt
install.txt

Jeff

Aug 30, 2013, 2:10:11 PM8/30/13
to FreeMED Support
On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Edward Skees <ed.s...@perthera.com> wrote:
Jeff,

Feedback.  I did the "CALL" and "UPDATE" actions on the freemed database and the system still behaves as it did.  I'd really like to get a version of this working reasonably well this coming week.  <sigh> users always want something - I know.  Does you build system display the help files and allow the user (someone other than the use I add when building) to log in?  If so can you tell me what your primary build platform/environment is and I'll attempt to duplicate it.

For me I'm currently on Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit and 10.10 64-bit.  I'm able to build right on through with only one exception which is the build/make of .../locale.  All of the dependencies are installed and it appears to be fine.  But the system is definitely broken.

All of the help files are in place (checked into git) in ui/gwt/help/en_US/ for the en_US locale.

I think I see the problem -- currently, the locale isn't being passed properly into the help system, and some of the help system filenames are in an older format. I believe I didn't merge the changes where they were converted into the proper name format, which would explain a lot. :(

It's all there, I'm just going to need to change some names and patch the loading mechanism a little.