Freemed Livelihood

B Mas

Nov 7, 2014, 4:36:22 PM11/7/14
to freemed-d...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if this project was still in development... I see the two related websites are down.

I do see Jeff has been pushing occasional commits on git throughout the year.

I was checking it out for a potential base of an EMR which I would need to expand some functionality upon & ran into a couple issues trying to get it setup. I did a pull request on git with some of the SQL script fixes to allow the install to complete it's database setup.

I had a couple other issues with the initial setup/config I was going to dig into, but figured I would ask before getting too deep; Is this project EOL?

-B

ray harjo

Nov 7, 2014, 6:34:18 PM11/7/14
to freemed-d...@googlegroups.com

What do you need, im in health informatics

---

FreeMED; opensource electronic medical record and practice management
"Technology changes, people stay the same."
http://www.freemedsoftware.org/

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "FreeMED Development" group.

ray harjo

Nov 7, 2014, 6:34:18 PM11/7/14
to freemed-d...@googlegroups.com

Free med is junk dude

Volker Bradley

Nov 7, 2014, 6:39:22 PM11/7/14
to freemed-d...@googlegroups.com
Free meds may be junk. On the other hand the application FreeMED has many great features. FreeMED is in need of contributors to make it useful for practice.
We'd appreciate your help.
Volker

ray harjo

Nov 7, 2014, 6:43:02 PM11/7/14
to freemed-d...@googlegroups.com

Im retired from free help. Map it out, architect out the useful features, trim out the bullshit, enhance usability

B Mas

Nov 7, 2014, 6:56:53 PM11/7/14
to freemed-d...@googlegroups.com
Hehe... Yeah, I can see how it does need some work done to it... But, then it does already have some good functionality.

I don't actually need all the functionality of it either; I'm looking for something for the Optometry/Optician end of the medical EMR world... There's not any opensource projects that cover that end of the spectrum, so I was pondering on augmenting something to add the functionality & leave out the things I don't need.

Something like this or some of the other open source EMR projects can give me that base I need for handling demographics, scheduling, billing & such... Then I would still need to augment the exam portion & add ophthalmic/contact lens RX functionality along with RX Order and a more advance inventory system for optical frames & contact lenses.

I know it would be a bit of work, but right now I'm just pondering options to see how hard it would be to modify some of the open source EMRs... I do see there are some other potential options for EMRs.