[Free Geek Seattle] Help move stuff out of FGSea (FCS)

elcaseti .

Jun 27, 2015, 6:19:16 PM6/27/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Kane
Hi koanhead,

I can help move stuff out of FGSea tomorrow (Sunday), or Monday, or maybe Tuesday.

Elcaset

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 9:34 PM, Andrew Kane <ak...@freegeekseattle.org> wrote:

Back on May 8 I posted to this list about the lack of activity and
apparent lack of interest in FGSEA. Only two people replied on the list,
and I heard from two others off-list. There's been no further action
toward reviving the group as far as I know.

Meanwhile, I hear from Jon that FGSEA is losing the space at the
Filipino Community Center. We need to be out by the end of the month.
Let's organize a time for a group of us to go and remove FGSEA things
from there, shall we?

From here on I guess I will consider FGSEA defunct and not make any more
attempts to make it happen.

Lee Fisher

Jun 27, 2015, 7:04:36 PM6/27/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com

Andrew Kane

Jun 28, 2015, 1:44:32 AM6/28/15
to elcaseti ., freegeek...@googlegroups.com
On 06/27/2015 03:19 PM, elcaseti . wrote:
> Hi koanhead,
>
> I can help move stuff out of FGSea tomorrow (Sunday), or Monday, or maybe
> Tuesday.

Awesome- 1000 thanks! What's the best time for you tomorrow?
I can meet you there at any time in the afternoon or evening. Total
Reclaim closes at 1630, so if possible I'd like to get an early start.
I'll also try to get some more people involved so that it's not just
you, me and (possibly) Lee, who are the only people who have piped up so
far. (Thanks Lee!)

> Elcaset

Dan Ryan

Jun 28, 2015, 2:23:33 AM6/28/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Kane, elcaseti .
I can give ya a ride Andrew, I can also be on site to help clean up/break down any time of day.

I think at this point we should build out the decent servers and a dozen or so of the better machines (ie the 4 or 5 core2duos and a few of the others), then recycle the rest. Jon has asked that we build out 10 machines for stempaths (no OS needed, hardware teardown practice only) and a few for FCS to use, I think that should cover it.

Additionally, I'll break down and store the shelving and do a couple recycling runs, the more people that can help the better. Let me know when you're planning on being there and I'll be at FCS.

Andrew Kane

Jun 28, 2015, 3:40:06 AM6/28/15
On 06/27/2015 04:04 PM, Lee Fisher wrote:

> On 06/27/2015 03:19 PM, elcaseti . wrote:

>> I can help move stuff out of FGSea tomorrow (Sunday), or Monday, or
>> maybe Tuesday.
>
> Speak up when the working party is happening.

We're aiming to start around noon. So far it's Chad, Dan, me, and
possibly Lee.

Jon @ freegeek-sea

Jun 28, 2015, 9:15:56 AM6/28/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, Guys!

I am going to be tied up in class the entire afternoon till about 5pm but will be checking in to help sift through what we will keep in hand for training classes and workshops we can run remotely.

I am working on locating a new home for this level of nonprofit work that hopefully will be reformed later this summer.

Thanks,
Jon

elcaseti .

Jun 28, 2015, 5:00:48 PM6/28/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com

I'm waiting for the bus in Newcastle.  It's going to be a while.  Buses come even less often on Sundays.

Dan Ryan

Jun 28, 2015, 5:23:08 PM6/28/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com, elcaseti .
OK, no biggie c u when you get here

Meg Young

Jun 28, 2015, 8:51:41 PM6/28/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com, elcaseti .
I'd be happy to help, currently in SF but please keep the list posted about round 2 if needed.

Mike Dierken

Jun 28, 2015, 11:16:50 PM6/28/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com, elcaseti .
What will happen with the 18 boxes I had shipped there?

Jon @ freegeek-sea

Jun 29, 2015, 3:28:16 AM6/29/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com, elcaseti

Hi Mike,

We are holding on to only hardware that is usable in workshops and training.

Those boxes are going to be kept, along with monitors, keyboards, and generally usable equipment and tools..we are unloading all hardware that is too outdated (P3, P4s, etc).

Thanks,
Jon

Lee Fisher

Jun 29, 2015, 11:12:43 AM6/29/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com

Andrew Kane

Jun 29, 2015, 7:23:39 PM6/29/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com

Dan Ryan

Jun 30, 2015, 9:37:58 PM6/30/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com

Andrew Kane

Jun 30, 2015, 9:55:04 PM6/30/15
On 06/30/2015 06:37 PM, Dan Ryan wrote:
> Yeah, about the only thing left to do is test the dozen servers still
> in the space and move them upstairs, then break down the 5 storage
> racks. None are wanted/needed, so I'll take care of storing them.

If it's ok I could use one or two of those for storing the FGSEA stuff I
have here (and some other stuff too.)

> FCS/Jon wants the 20 odd LCDs and the 10 P4's we have left, and about
> the only things left in the space are a bunch of PSUs and CD/DVD
> drives we should recycle.

I need to go downtown tomorrow morning, and I can swing by the Center
afterwards if I can be of assistance. Would that help?

Jon @ freegeek-sea

Jul 7, 2015, 5:14:56 PM7/7/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

Where area we with the remaining items?

I will move the training pcs out to another temp storage area.

What can we do with the shelves? Should we move them into the storage for now?

Thanks,
Jon

Andrew Kane

Jul 8, 2015, 5:23:46 PM7/8/15
On 07/07/2015 02:14 PM, Jon @ freegeek-sea wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Where area we with the remaining items?

What's left?
I can help move things, but I have *very* limited and not stable storage
which is already mostly taken up with FGSEA stuff. Also I have no
vehicle, so no real way to transport anything.

> I will move the training pcs out to another temp storage area.
>
> What can we do with the shelves? Should we move them into the storage for
> now?

Dan has said that he will take the shelves away and store them. I'll
help with that if he wants.

Andrew Kane

Jul 9, 2015, 10:13:12 PM7/9/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com

Jon @ freegeek-sea

Jul 10, 2015, 2:16:26 AM7/10/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Andrew/Dan!

I have interns moving remaining items out.

Regards,
Jon