mon monthly mtg

Lee Fisher

Mar 8, 2015, 8:53:42 PM3/8/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com

Jon @ freegeek-sea

Mar 9, 2015, 9:57:51 PM3/9/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com
FGSEA,

For tonight's meeting, I'm experiencing car problems. Can add remote users via Google hangout (voice only for higher quality, lower bandwidth)?

Thanks,
Jon

Jon @ freegeek-sea

Mar 9, 2015, 10:32:12 PM3/9/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com
Ready? Is GH or Skype ready?

Jon @ freegeek-sea

Mar 9, 2015, 10:52:22 PM3/9/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone at TPC?

Jon @ freegeek-sea

Mar 9, 2015, 11:40:27 PM3/9/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com
Waited but no responses...I had a grant update and request for the group to commit to delivery of certain expectations in order to have this supported.

Andrew Kane

Mar 10, 2015, 12:27:52 AM3/10/15
On 03/09/2015 08:40 PM, Jon @ freegeek-sea wrote:
> Waited but no responses...I had a grant update and request for the
> group to commit to delivery of certain expectations in order to
> have this supported.

Lee, Jeremy and I were at Third Place. I was on IRC and updating the
meeting page at
https://freegeekseattle.org/wiki/2015-03-09_TPC_Meetup. I didn't check
my email until I got back here. Email is not for real-time communication.

If you want me to set up a special communication channel (e.g. google
hangout), I'm willing to do so but I need to know ahead of time.

In any case, no one but the aforementioned people showed up to the
meeting, so no such commitment could have been made.

Jon @ freegeek-sea

Mar 10, 2015, 1:10:02 AM3/10/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I was hoping to be there but it turned out that my car had an issue.

As for the grant, I do need information from our treasurer, BM Mark, on.our accounting  and commitment on what will be delivered during the 1 year period after the award are  given.

Three areas of focus
1 education outreach -- classes and workshops to specific under-served demographics
2 community engagement and empowerment that lead to positive identity and self-image with computers
3 job re-training (and job search) skills

One more area we also need absolutely is total volunteer and paid hours by all the contributing members of the organization during the delivery.

Thanks,
Jon