Special Board Meeting - May 3rd, 10am at ALTSpace

Dan Ryan

Apr 14, 2015, 12:18:18 AM4/14/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com
A special board meeting has been called per the bylaws to dissolve and reorganize the board due to lack of inolvement and attendance by most of the current board members. This meeting is scheduled for 10am on May 3rd 2015 at ALTSpace, over at 2318 E Cherry St, Seattle WA 98122.

If you want to be on the board, or are interested in attending the board meeting please come. Additionally, this email constitutes 10+ day advance notice of this special board meeting, per Freegeek Seattle's Bylaws.

Sincerely,
Dan Ryan

Lee Fisher

May 2, 2015, 11:24:50 PM5/2/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com

Andrew Kane

May 5, 2015, 7:45:20 PM5/5/15
to Lee Fisher, freegeek...@googlegroups.com

Lee Fisher

May 5, 2015, 7:59:54 PM5/5/15
to Andrew Kane, freegeek...@googlegroups.com

Jon, do you have an address/URL for where you proposed?

> There was no quorum at this meeting.

Current board, and their quorum does not matter. The current org is
lapsed and not a valid WA.gov-recognized entity. Probably with no bank
account, unknown. We have to start over, with registering org with WA,
and starting 5013c status all over again.

We can't start anything new until we fix the Bylaws, and need to meet
and work this out. Jeremy seems to indicate that it'll take many meetings.

> Another meeting has been scheduled. According to my information
> this new meeting will be at a starbucks on Mercer Island on
> Wednesday, May 6 at 3PM. I did not get any email announcing this
> meeting, so perhaps it only went to the board list instead of the
> general list? Or maybe my spam filters are excessively
> enthusiastic.

Nobody replied to this last meeting. I was hoping Dan would.

I did reply to those present at last meeting that I'd prefer to
reschedule for Saturday at the weekend Workshop at FCS, since there
might be some LibrePlanet potential new Leads at that event. I'lll
lead, if Dan isn't scheduled to (I forget), but will be theory-only no
hands-on, Lead training. I don't want to lead a workshop where people
carry and rip apart hardware, until this org has insurance, or until
Jon clarifies FCS Computer Lab insurance policy for a group on
uninsured volunteers. But nobody replied.

I don't see the need to rush. Why not go take May off, and we can
restart in June? An early Summer vacation for all of the FCS Computer
Lab Workshop's unincorporated volunteers, not just Andrew. :-)

I may only attend mid-island rush hour traffic-based meeting Wednesday
via phone, like Jon does. Please let me know who I can dial in from.

Jon @ freegeek-sea

May 5, 2015, 8:09:50 PM5/5/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Kane

Looks like it makes no sense to rush anything and that we should step back to make sure we have the proper plan in place. Lets cancel tomorrow's meeting and reschedule.

Andrew Kane

May 6, 2015, 4:27:48 AM5/6/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com

May 6, 2015, 9:58:28 AM5/6/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com
I'll try to be there this Saturday, worst case I'll attend via IRC.
We're going to need a couple meetings to sort out how we want Freegeek
Seattle to grow, if possible we (Lee, Andrew, Jon, Meg, Jeremy, Myself,
etc) should schedule a few meetings over the next two weeks to all get
together and really dive in and figure out Freegeek Seattle's roadmap
for the future.

If we could meet twice weekly with at least 4-5 of the people I just
listed in attendance, plus anyone else who is interested, I think we
could make real progress and start to move forward.

On 05/06/2015 01:27 AM, Andrew Kane wrote:

> [...]

Jon @ freegeek-sea

May 6, 2015, 10:10:57 AM5/6/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com

If we are not meeting today, then I will attend Sat via IRC or conference call instead also. We will at least meet this week if not today.

Lee Fisher

May 6, 2015, 11:36:27 AM5/6/15
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com