workshop report, 2014-06-07

Blibbet

Jun 7, 2014, 10:38:41 PM6/7/14
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com
I showed up at 3:15, traffic was bad.

Miles and his dad were already there.

Around 3:30 or 4, Tom Heuser showed up.

Miles is checked into the google doc signup page, but Tom and I need
to. Where is the URL for this?

Miles' server is rebuilding RAID disks, in the middle server, at the
BIOS RAID utility. Was half done when we left. The next person in the
lab should power off this box, for thermal and cost issues, given the
doors are closed and it is already hot in there.

Someone -- perhaps this week's Tom or last week's Tom? -- left their
leatherman in the lab, probably used to cut one of those pears. The
knife is in the bin on the top shelf, in the metal tin with the hard
disks.

Looking forward to the revised checklists that was started last week.

The lab needs: blank paper, yellow stickies, whiteboard pens,
CD-RW/DVD-RWs. Hardcopy of modern Seattle (not Portland-based)
checklists.

Where is the source project for FGSea's custom Xubuntu boot disc? Is it
under some version control? I need to checkin a grub command line
update, for VGA tests.

There should be one of those discs laying around in a case, not
scratched up like the few discs I found today. There also needs to be a
boot and nuke CD, for legacy BIOS systems (won't work on EFI boxen,
AFAIK).

There is still some gluten-free mango ice cream in the freezer.

Andrew Kane

Jun 9, 2014, 4:15:28 PM6/9/14
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com

Tom Heuser

Jun 9, 2014, 6:48:26 PM6/9/14
to freegeek...@googlegroups.com
Yep that's my knife, thanks for grabbing that!

Sent from my iPhone