Lady Jane Beach

pan

Jan 16, 2010, 7:09:45 PM1/16/10
to Free Beach Forum
Check it out! Woollahra Councillor Anthony Boskovitz appears in this
week's Wentworth Courier calling for Lady Jane to revert to a clothing
beach. He says textile families have complained to him that they're
uncomfortable using the beach with nudists. The editorial goes on to
quote a source who says that Lady Jane will never become textile as
its popular with gays and that the gays are too powerful. Cheers,
Stuart Baanstra.

www.freebeach.info

Jan 21, 2010, 9:50:14 PM1/21/10
to Free Beach Forum
Hypocrisy

In this week's Wentworth Courier, Christopher Joye, a housing analyst
from Rismark International, says golf courses were "arguably the
biggest waste of public space" that he knew of and that they should be
set aside for parking and some housing development (Teed off at 'waste
of space', 20.01.2010). He also says that "billions of acres of land
are utilised to the benefit of a tiny minority".

Meanwhile, on the same page, Liberal Councillor for Woollahra, Anthony
Boskovitz, said he respected the right of golfers to enjoy themselves,
adding, "I would hate it if ovals that I go to play cricket on were
converted to housing. We need public open space and golf courses
provide it for segments of the community".

Of course last week the Councillor called for an end to nude bathing
at Lady Jane beach, citing it was under utilised by nudists. Next
month he's putting a motion forward at council's first meeting of the
year, calling for a ban on nude bathing at the beach. What a load of
spin!

Cheers, Stuart Baanstra.
stu...@hotmail.com

PS. Woollahra Council meetings are held the second and fourth Monday
of each month.

www.freebeach.info

Feb 8, 2010, 4:18:27 PM2/8/10
to Free Beach Forum
Modest push to pour cold water on nude bathers
JOSEPHINE TOVEY URBAN AFFAIRS
Sydney Morning Herald, February 9, 2010

THOUGH Speedos are frequently maligned for offering too little
coverage, at Lady Bay Beach they offer far too much.
Sydney's first and perhaps best-known nude beach, located at the tip
of the South Head peninsula, is a haven for swimmers like Steve, who
do not like anything coming between them and the sea and sand. [...]

http://www.smh.com.au/national/modest-push-to-pour-cold-water-on-nude-bathers-20100208-nnbi.html?aut