The Daily Telegraph (Your Say, 18.11.2009)

pan

Nov 19, 2009, 3:28:33 AM11/19/09
to Free Beach Forum

I'M NOT fussed over reshuffles, smoke, mirrors and spin. The only
thing I want to know is, if there's a change of government will Sydney
still have nude beaches when the conservatives come in?

Stuart Baanstra, Alexandria.

Frank Maundrell

Nov 20, 2009, 12:24:36 AM11/20/09
to free...@googlegroups.com
Good one, Stuart!

We don't have to disagree ALL the time!

The answer is: Of course we will still have our nude beaches if the
Conservatives get in. On the day they get in, that is. The real question
is how long will they wait before they attack them? Historically, I do not
think there are any nude beaches in Australia - none - that have been
declared by a Conservative Government. And, if the so-called Christian
Right has any influence by way of preferences in assisting the elction of a
Conservative Government, look out! Fred Nile will be on the warpath!

Frank Maundrell