Little Congwong Beach - Clean Up Australia Day

www.freebeach.info

Feb 17, 2010, 9:30:06 PM2/17/10
to Free Beach Forum
Dear All

Once again we have registered Little Congwong Beach for Clean Up Australia
Day. Join us to help clean up, fix up and conserve the environment.

Meeting Point: bottom of steps to little congwong beach
Date: March 7th 2010
Start time: 09:00 AM
End time: 13:00 AM
Site Coordinator Details
Linda Grant

Please register online as a volunteer:
http://www.cleanupaustraliaday.org.au/Little+Congwong+Beach

Thanks
Linda
--
Free Beach Action NSW
http://www.freebeach.info

Gerald Ganglbauer

Mar 4, 2010, 12:16:52 AM3/4/10
to Free Beach Forum
Clean Up Australia Day this Sunday!

It’s Clean Up Australia Day’s 20th Anniversary this Sunday! You can
play a part in making it the biggest community event to date by
picking up rubbish from your local park, beach, bushland or street and
help make a difference to the environment.

Clean Up Australia Day is fun, easy and everyone can get involved.
Register online and volunteer on our beach. Every piece of rubbish
counts!

When: Sunday 7 March
Where: Little Congwong Beach
http://www.cleanupaustraliaday.org.au/Little+Congwong+Beach

Gerald Ganglbauer

Mar 8, 2010, 11:21:43 PM3/8/10
to Free Beach Forum
Free Beach Action stakes its claim on Little Congwong
08 Mar 10 @ 09:00pm by Nick Moncrieff-Hill
Southern Courier

[Photo] Free Beach Action Group who having been pushing to have Little
Congwong Beach at La Perouse designated an official clothing optional
beach.

Members of naturist group Free Beach Action joined in the community
spirit of Cleanup Australia Day on Saturday at Little Congwong beach
in La Perouse.

Group member Juan said they regularly cleaned the beach to make it
more pleasant for families with children to visit.

“We are naturists; we enjoy nature in all its beauty so if there’s
rubbish we have a natural tendency to keep it clean.”

The group will meet with representatives of Randwick Council this
Friday to discuss the possibility of Little Congwong being designated
as clothing optional.

See our photo gallery
http://southern-courier.whereilive.com.au/photos/gallery/nudists-clean-up/

Gerald Ganglbauer

Mar 8, 2010, 11:40:52 PM3/8/10
to Free Beach Forum
Comments

Gerald Ganglbauer writes:
Posted on 9 Mar 10 at 12:09pm

As more than 5,000 Sydneysiders at Spencer Tunick’s installation
in front of the Opera House demonstrated, there’s nothing wrong with
being nude. Even more so on a designated beach. We like to thank the
La Perouse community for their understanding. For more information
about Free Beach Action NSW, and to join the Free Beach Forum, visit
our website at http://www.freebeach.info

Jacqui writes:
Posted on 9 Mar 10 at 11:04am

I think it is great that we are finally being able to have a good
word to the council about getting Little Congwong clothing optional.
It has always been unofficially clothing optional since 1959...I think
the council need to realise that, and look at all the nice and lovely
people who go there just to be natural and free and enjoy themselves
without persecution. I think this a good step towards modernisation
and also realisation that things must change, and it is this change
that will benefit all.
Good on ya FBA!! =)

http://southern-courier.whereilive.com.au/

Gerald Ganglbauer

Mar 9, 2010, 7:03:34 PM3/9/10
to Free Beach Forum
Comments

Deb writes:

Posted on 10 Mar 10 at 10:05am

There are a number of things I find offensive about the Little
Congwong situation - and none of them have to do with nudity. It’s
offensive that the the debate has been framed as one of “nudists vs
the community” and that the police raids were done in the community’s
name - I’m a member of the community and I support Little Congwong
being clothing optional. It’s offensive that that concerns about the
beach are framed as making the beach ‘family friendly’ - that families
were present on the beach during the raids (and on any other given
day!) belies this argument: not all families want to protect their
children from nudity and many embrace it. Finally, it is highly
offensive that police were prepared to report any naked school aged
children who might be found on the beach to DoCS - to place mere
nudity on par with ‘risk of significant harm’ (the threshold for
reporting to DoCS) trivialises the experience of those children who
really are being abused or neglected. And by the way, why were younger
children not included in this ‘concern’ - is it perhaps because one is
likely to find a young and naked child on practically every beach in
Australia!

http://southern-courier.whereilive.com.au/news/comments/free-beach-action-stakes-its-claim-on-little-congwoing/

Vince Bussa

Mar 9, 2010, 7:52:13 PM3/9/10
to free...@googlegroups.com
Hello Gerald, everyone.

this lady has an excellent point of view, i was only thinking about this as a result of my brief conversation with "Garry / Gareth" who approached us on Sunday during the clean up campaign venting his opposition to us and the fact that he can't bring children (scouts) down to the beach for fear of exposing them to naked people damaging their emotional and psychological stability.

these opponents will do all in their power to stop us and the one card that they will play in this fight is that of endangering / exposing children to this nudity and portraying us a unfit  and irresponsible people etc, etc..... so i believe we need to inform ourselves of studies / medical or social or otherwise where children of nudists are compared to those that aren't and the differences in character / emotional and psychological stability of the two, because as sure as eggs they will use the children arguement as leverage against us.

leave it with me for now... i have some time off so i'll start by "googling" and researching this.

talk soon
vince

Gerald Ganglbauer

Mar 13, 2010, 5:25:29 PM3/13/10
to Free Beach Forum
Hi All

The Australian Nudist Federation has a Child Protection Policy in
place and suggested Free Beach Action NSW adopt it, too.

"In any Australian community Children and Young People have the right
to be safe from abuse and harm. The situation is no different within a
naturist or clothing optional setting. The expectation is that we all
have a responsibility to provide a safe environment for children and
young persons."

We're more than happy to do that, and the authors gave us permission
to make the document available.

ANF Child Protection Policy
http://www.gangart.com/freebeach/archive/ANF_CPP.pdf

Source:
National Child Protection Clearinghouse
Australian Institute of Family Studies

Regards
Gerald

www.freebeach.info

Mar 16, 2010, 10:47:51 PM3/16/10
to Free Beach Forum
Suburban Tales: Turtles and nudie runs
by Jonty Burton

Don't forget your togs if you're headed to Little Congwong Beach.

Lastly this week, we move to Sydney, where civic pride is back on
display at Little Congwong beach. A beach where, according to the
Southern Courier, a bunch of folk have nudded up and ferreted about
the undergrowth looking for litter.

It was all ostensibly in aid of the recent Clean Up Australia Day,
though the group’s main interest seems to be making the beach
completely clothes optional.

The beach has held the slightly dubious title of an ‘unofficial nude
beach’ since the late ’50s - a situation you’d understand would be
fairly confusing for all concerned.

More recently though, tensions between clothes-free types and local
pro-clothes residents have boiled over, to the point that the local
jacks were called in to remove the nudists.

While the fight may be taking an emotional toll on both locals and
hang-out types, there is an upside for any other community in
Australia that is infested with refuse: provoke the nearby nudists,
and wait for them to clean up your suburb as an act of protest.

Though as a public service, best you not ask them to clean up any
areas that sport broken glass or bramble. That would probably not end
well.

Find more tales of glorious suburbia at http://twitter.com/suburbantales

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/suburban-tales-turtles-and-nudie-runs/