Getting TTS and AT to read things corectly

David Ward

Jan 9, 2014, 5:49:08 PM1/9/14
to free...@googlegroups.com
I've got a hybrid app on iOS that runs through WebView which means my entire app is made accessible via ARIA.
Problem is sometimes I wonder how to get VoiceOver to say what I want it too say. Pause at times for emphasis.
Read Acroynms. And other stuff. I at times put punctuation in an make it invisible via CSS but is there any paper out there that talks about several ways to do this. It oculd be real useful for example my app is a Braille Reference guide so I'm at times talking about word parts and letter and numbers and sometimes VoiceOver gets things a bit confused.

Help would be appreciated.