Requesting help: Frank Tests on Device

Tee Cee

Aug 4, 2014, 4:40:02 AM8/4/14
to frank-...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I have been using frank for our project and have invested a lot of time getting tests set up and in a working model for our enterprise app. It works great on the simulator, but I have been facing challenges trying to get it running/launching on the device.

I did use the following command to build and sign the app and got it to deploy on the device using ios-deploy.

xcodebuild -sdk iphoneos -workspace <app-name>.xcworkspace -scheme <app.scheme> ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=NO -configuration Debug -xcconfig "./Frank/frankify.xcconfig" DEPLOYMENT_LOCATION=YES DSTROOT="./Frank/frankified_build" FRANK_LIBRARY_SEARCH_PATHS="./Frank" clean build

Deployed it successfully but despite a lot of research and efforts, wasn't able to get it running on the device. I followed multiple posts from folks who had tried out and been successful with this, but couldn't replicate their success at my end. If i get this done, i would be hugely improving my test cycles and can actually ship features faster with greater confidence.

These are few of my questions.

1. Should I launch the app on the device outside of frank. i.e. Say using instruments? What is the best way you suggest?
2. I tried running features using the command. cucumber USE_PHYSICAL_DEVICE=TRUE
I am using the modified env.rb file and the launch_steps which you have provided as reference in the below link

Could you please direct me on this? I have tried setting up the frank server base url to the device IP address:37265 but that too did not work. Hoping to hear back from you soon on this.

Thanks in advance,
Sree Ram

Anna Góra

Apr 19, 2016, 5:20:10 AM4/19/16
to Frank
Hi,

Did you manage to succeed?

SREERAM THINKAL

Apr 19, 2016, 1:22:05 PM4/19/16
to frank-...@googlegroups.com
No Anna. I ended up porting my tests over to using Calabash.

Thanks

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016, Anna Góra <anna...@directpl.com> wrote:
Hi,

Did you manage to succeed?

Direct Communication Sp. z o.o, adres: ul. Żurawia 45, 00-680 Warszawa, zarejestrowana w Sądzie Rejonowym dla m.st. Warszawy, Wydz. XII Gospodarczy KRS pod numerem 0000035843, kapitał zakładowy: 550 000,00 PLN, NIP: 525-15-77-165