The World's Most Powerful People

Dever

Dec 5, 2012, 5:48:46 PM12/5/12
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidewalt/2012/12/05/the-worlds-most-powerful-people/

[...]

There are nearly 7.1 billion people on the planet. These are the 71 that
matter the most.

What do the president of the United States, the Pope and the founder of
Facebook all have in common? They're all featured on Forbes' 2012 ranking of
the World's Most Powerful People -an annual look at the heads of state,
financiers, philanthropists and entrepreneurs who truly run the world.

To compile the list, we considered hundreds of candidates from various walks
of life all around the globe, and measured their power along four
dimensions. First, we asked whether the candidate has power over lots of
people. Pope Benedict XVI, ranked #5 on our list, is the spiritual leader of
more than a billion Catholics, or about 1/6th of the world's population.
Michael Duke (#17), CEO of Wal-Mart Stores, employs two million people.

20 images Photos: The World's Most Powerful People: The Top 20

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mlg45leli/1-barack-obama/

Next we assessed the financial resources controlled by each person. Are they
relatively large compared to their peers? For heads of state we used GDP,
while for CEOs, we looked at measures like their company's assets and
revenues. When candidates have a high personal net worth -like the world's
richest man, Carlos Slim Helu (#11)- we also took that into consideration.
In certain instances, like Saudi King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz al Saud (#7),
we considered other valuable resources at the candidate's disposal -like 20%
of the world's known oil reserves.

Then we determined if the candidate is powerful in multiple spheres. There
are only 71 slots on our list - one for every 100 million people on the
planet - so being powerful in just one area is often not enough. Our picks
project their influence in myriad ways: New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg
(#16) has power because he's a politician, because he's a billionaire,
because he's a media magnate, and because he's a major philanthropist.

Lastly, we made sure that the candidates actively used their power. Russian
autocrat Vladimir Putin (#3) scored points because he so frequently shows
his strength - like when he jails protestors.

To calculate the final rankings, ten senior Forbes editors ranked all of our
candidates in each of these four dimensions of power, and those individual
rankings were averaged into a composite score.

U.S. President Barack Obama emerged, unanimously, as the world's most
powerful person, for the second year running. Obama was the decisive winner
of the 2012 U.S. presidential election, and now he gets four more years to
push his agenda.The President faces major challenges, including an
unresolved budget crisis, stubbornly high unemployment and renewed unrest in
the Middle East. But Obama remains the unquestioned commander in chief of
the world's greatest military, and head of its sole economic and cultural
superpower.

The second most powerful person in the world also happens to be the most
powerful woman: Angela Merkel, the chancellor of Germany, jumps up from #4
last year to take the runner-up spot on the list. Merkel is the backbone of
the 27-member European Union and carries the fate of the Euro on her
shoulders; she's shown her power through a hard-line austerity solution for
the European debt crisis.

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg (#25) is one of the youngest persons on the
list, at age 29; he dropped significantly from last year's top-ten ranking
after Facebook's much-anticipated IPO turned out to be a flop. Brazilian
president Dilma Rousseff (#18) is one of the list's biggest gainers: At the
midpoint of her first term, Rousseff's emphasis on entrepreneurship has
prompted a slew of new startups and energized Brazilian youths.

Apple CEO Tim Cook (#35) made a big upward move, too: A year after he
succeeded iconic founder Steve Jobs, the company is the most valuable in the
world. Apple stock hit an all-time high in September, reaching above $700 a
share.

New members of the list include LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman (#71), the
world's most powerful venture capitalist and the most-connected man in
Silicon Valley. Elon Musk (#66), the entrepreneur behind PayPal and Tesla
Motors, is the most powerful man in space: His company SpaceX is a leader in
the private space industry, and with that business set to boom, Musk stands
to make out like a 19th-century railway tycoon.

A number of prominent people fell off the entirely. Last year's #2, Chinese
President Hu Jintao, is on his way out of office; he's already handed over
some of his duties, and will surrender the rest early next year. We removed
U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and Secretary of State Hillary
Clinton from the list for the same reasons: They're both not expected to
return to their powerful posts for Obama's second term.

Any ranking of the world's most powerful people is going to be subjective,
so we don't pretend ours is definitive. It's meant to be the beginning of a
conversation, not the final word. So tell us what you think: Is ex-president
Bill Clinton (#50) really more powerful than the current Prime Minister of
Russia (#61)? Does someone like the chief of the Internal Federation of
Association Football (#69) belong on the list at all? Who did we miss? What
did we get wrong? Join the conversation by commenting below.

Rabaland marce franck

Aug 22, 2016, 6:19:05 AM8/22/16
4. rabala...@gmail.com Vous êtes un interdit bancaire ou toutes vos tentatives pour obtenir un prêt auprès des structures financières ont été vaines. Vous avez besoin d'un financement rapide pour un projet ou autres, plus de soucis à vous faire. Nous offrons de prêt allant de 2.000 à 900.000 EUROS à des taux d’intérêt à 2% défiants toutes concurrences sur plusieurs années en toute sécurité. Nous offrons également plusieurs types de prêt (Financement rapide,
Prêt personnel,
Prêt immobilier,
Prêt à l'investissement,
Prêt automobile,
Dette de consolidation,
Prêt automobile,
Rachat de crédit, etc.) avec une assurance qui vous permet de couvrir le remboursement de votre prêt en cas de décès, d'accident, de perte totale ou partielle autonomie.