no highlighted words (help)

Abdurrahman Arslan

Dec 17, 2017, 9:05:53 AM12/17/17
to foxtrot-search
Hello,

Previously when I search something all of the found words highlighted by yellow color but suddenly it started to not highlight the words that are found. If I choose display as plain text option, words become highlighted but it is gets very ugly and hard to read. How can I get found words highlighted on normal pdf appearence? Thanks in advance.

Eric Bugaieski

Dec 17, 2017, 9:42:09 AM12/17/17
to foxtrot-search
Greetings,

I am running into the same problem after just installing Foxtrot on a new computer I'm setting up. I've compared all settings to my old Mac Book Pro, and can't find any difference in the settings. New mac is a Mac Book Pro 2017, old one is a Pro mid 2012. New one is running High Sierra, old one still on El Capitan.

Thanks for any input,

Eric

CTM Development

Dec 17, 2017, 10:39:27 AM12/17/17
to foxtrot...@googlegroups.com
Gentlemen,

This a bug in macOS X 10.13

reported to Apple, awaiting their fix.

regards,

jean michel/crm qa
--

---

Eric Bugaieski

Dec 25, 2017, 11:26:38 AM12/25/17
to foxtrot-search
Thanks for the prompt response Jean. Great product with great customer service! Happy Holidays :)

FoxTrot Engineering

Jan 25, 2018, 4:54:39 AM1/25/18
Abdurrahman Arslan wrote:

>Previously when I search something all of the found words highlighted by
>yellow color but suddenly it started to not highlight the words that are
>found.

This PDFKit bug seems to be fixed in macOS 10.13.4 beta 1 build. There is still a color problem (when different searched words are found on a given PDF page, they are all highlighted with the same color), but at least, the found words are now highlighted.

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

"J’ai axé mon travail à venir sur les capacités de FoxTrot à retrouver
les citations partielles cachées dans les auteurs médiévaux ! Et seul
lui y parvient (je n’ai les œuvres que de 250 auteurs sur 1500 ans,
environ, mais les plus cités !). Je trouve instantanément ce qui demande
des heures sans FoxTrot. Je reçois des demandes telles que : « quelqu’un
aurait-il dit, et en quel ouvrage : [une citation latine] » et FoxTrot
trouve aisément la citation même approximée !"
FoxTrot Professional Search user comment

Download a demo version from www.foxtrot.ch

Ajk Sanders

Feb 1, 2018, 9:50:06 AM2/1/18
to foxtrot-search
The Mac OS has broken this before, if I remember correctly.

hor...@bigpond.net.au

Mar 4, 2018, 8:44:55 PM3/4/18
to foxtrot-search
Hello Jérôme, at CTM,
With regards to the missing "found words highlighted by yellow color", when do you expect the bug-fix from Apple to be implemented?
Best regards,
Jay

FoxTrot Engineering

Mar 5, 2018, 3:21:04 AM3/5/18
hor...@bigpond.net.au wrote:

>With regards to the missing "found words highlighted by yellow color", when
>do you expect the bug-fix from Apple to be implemented?

Apple does not communicate with developers when they report bugs. We can't answer such questions. However, the bug does not occur with macOS 10.13.4 public beta, so the answer is probably "soon".

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

"FoxTrot is a must have for me. It is simply awesome! Type a few words
and it finds and shows you the location in the files. Wow! Got love it.
Thank you thank you thank you!"
FoxTrot Personal Search user comment on www.versiontracker.com

Misha Koshelev

Jul 2, 2019, 10:53:03 AM7/2/19
to foxtrot-search
Thank you! Regarding "There is still a color problem (when different searched words are found on a given PDF page, they are all highlighted with the same color)" - is this now fixed in MacOS 10.14? I am currently running MacOS 10.12 due to the highlighting bugs but am thinking about upgrading to 10.14.

Thank you!

CTM Development - FoxTrot Search

Jul 2, 2019, 10:57:48 AM7/2/19
to Foxtrot Search
Hello Misha,

To this date Apple has only corrected this in 10.15, not 10.14.

Regards,

jean michel/ctm qa

--

---

Misha Koshelev

Jul 2, 2019, 8:20:40 PM7/2/19
to foxtrot...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jean Michel,

Thank you so much for letting me know. In that case, I will wait until 10.15 is out to upgrade my Mac OS. Thank you.

Yours,
Misha

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "foxtrot-search" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/foxtrot-search/13A2BB0A-7EB2-4A8B-9505-2D9D7137D9EA%40ctmdev.com.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted