Foxtrot update error

Franjo Pehar

Dec 11, 2016, 6:40:23 PM12/11/16
to foxtrot-search
When I try to update I get the following error:
"FoxTrot Professional Search can’t be updated when it’s running from a read-only volume like a disk image or an optical drive. Move FoxTrot Professional Search to your Applications folder, relaunch it from there, and try again."
Foxtrot is already in my Applications folder. How can I solve this issue?
Best,
- Franjo

FoxTrot Engineering

Dec 13, 2016, 3:31:16 AM12/13/16
to foxtrot...@googlegroups.com
Franjo Pehar wrote:

>When I try to update I get the following error:
>"FoxTrot Professional Search can’t be updated when it’s running from a
>read-only volume like a disk image or an optical drive."

Maybe FoxTrot has been installed in the Applications folder from another macOS user account, and you do not have permissions to modify it.
Check and fix the permissions of the application file from the Finder's "Get Info" window, or run it from the user account that installed it.
Alternatively, you can download the application manually from our web site, and replace it in the Applications folder; the Finder will probably prompt for your administrator password to overwrite the previous version.

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

"I sleep much better since I don't feel quite as disorganized."
FoxTrot Professional Search user comment on macupdate.com

Download a demo version from www.foxtrot.ch

Franjo Pehar

Dec 13, 2016, 3:34:41 AM12/13/16
to foxtrot-search
Fixing permissions via Get info solved the problem.
Thanks.

Francisco Medina Espinosa

Jan 10, 2017, 1:09:08 PM1/10/17
to foxtrot-search
I also have the same issue after upgrading to FoxTrot 5.7.  There's nothing wrong with permissions.  But worse is that FoxTrot server doesn't start, and buttons to start and stop aren't enabled.

After a fresh re-installation (even re-entering the registration code), FoxTrot Professional Search works fine *locally*, but both applications of FoxTrot Server don't (Server doesn't start and Admin shows therefore nothing).

Please let me know how to solve this.  Thank you very much in advance.