Foxtrot Attache equivalent for Android smartphone

gadebski

Dec 2, 2016, 11:51:48 AM12/2/16
to foxtrot-search
Hello,

We are successfully using Foxtrot Attache on iphones. Some of our colleagues would like to use it on Samsung(Android) smartphones.
Foxtrot Attache does not run on Android.

Is there any alternative solution for Android. I know SDK for Android exists, but that is not a ready made app.

I tried using some search apps for Android like AndroSearch, but that actually requires to keep the files being indexed in the phone, in addition to the index itself, which doubles the space requirements. I was wondering if it is possible just to copy indices to an android smartphone (like in the case of  Foxtrot Attache the indices are copied through Itunes). So, ideally the indices must be prepared on a desktop computer (with Foxtrot Pro or other software) and then copied to an app in the smartphone.

Probably, this is not the right forum for such a question, but I would be grateful for any insight on this.