Stange behaviour of indexer

PeterFT

Jan 5, 2016, 4:14:46 AM1/5/16
to foxtrot-search, Ullmann
Hi there!
I am using an evaluation copy of FT Personal 5.5.3
on El Capitan 10.11.2

When running the indexer I sometimes (!) get really strange estimations about the remaining time (serveral thousand days). See attachment 1 and 2. Checking the Activity Monitor shows the indexer is heavily working. How comes?

When I try to  stop the indexer I sometimes can't. It just says it is busy and the CPU activity is not stopping. See attachment 3. The only way to stop that was killing the indexing process manually... Is this common?

Any help welcome!
Thanks,
Peter

FTP S3.png
FTP S2.png
FTP S1.png

CTM Development

Jan 5, 2016, 5:21:46 AM1/5/16
to Foxtrot Search
Sir,

We have seen this happen, but not commonly. If you find a consistent way to reproduce this, please hold the option and command keys upon launch of the application and select the option to send us a report with full logs.

Regards,

jean michel/ctm qa

--

---
<FTP S3.png><FTP S2.png><FTP S1.png>

PeterFT

Jan 5, 2016, 5:54:34 AM1/5/16
to foxtrot-search, ctm-fe...@ctmdev.com
Thank you! At this moment I can't reproduce it (with "update index"). It happend to me during the very fist indexing run. If it happens again, I'll send you the log.

Best regards,
Paul