Cannot download FoxTrot professional demo

Padraig O'Morain

Oct 4, 2017, 4:24:14 AM10/4/17
to foxtrot-search
I have downloaded the unregistered personal version of FoxTrot and am interested in the €70 upgrade to the professional version which is offered in a popup in the personal version.

When I click 'Download and install demo" it seems to download and then I get a message saying "An error occurred while downloading or installing an application." I have restarted my MacBook Pro but it makes no difference. Can you suggest a solution?

When I clicked the 'upgrade now' button as an experiment the price that came up was $40 higher than the offer but that is another issue. Main issue is how to download and instal the demo.

FoxTrot is a marvellous piece of software and I wish I had discovered it years ago.

I have sent a couple of messages to FoxTrot support but with no reply. All help welcome.

Padraig

CTM Development

Oct 4, 2017, 5:40:08 AM10/4/17
to foxtrot...@googlegroups.com
Good morning,

I’m sorry for the delay in responding in private email. Our queue is still being worked on.

The discounted upgrade from Personal to Pro is available to people who actually have *purchased* the Personal version first. If you see a higher price, it is because you have an unregistered personal version. Does that make sense ?

If you do own Foxtrot Personal search, kindly register it in the application before stepping up to Pro.

Thank you and best regards,

jean michel/ctm qa
--

---

Padraig O'Morain

Oct 4, 2017, 10:27:26 AM10/4/17
to foxtrot-search
Thanks for that information. Is that why I couldn't download the demo or should I have been able to do that?
Padraig

FoxTrot Engineering

Oct 7, 2017, 7:08:41 AM10/7/17
Padraig O'Morain wrote:

>Thanks for that information. Is that why I couldn't download the demo or
>should I have been able to do that?

Downloading the demo version of FoxTrot Pro from FoxTrot Personal is currently broken; sorry for this, and thanks for reporting it.

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

"Powermail's search capabilities, already mind-boggling fast, seem to
be even faster. You'll never say "I think I have that in an email
somewhere," ever again. Because, you'll know in a half second."
PowerMail user comment on www.versiontracker.com

Download a demo version from www.ctmdev.com

Padraig O'Morain

Oct 10, 2017, 3:49:22 PM10/10/17
to foxtrot...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I've downloaded the pro version now and will buy it. Great program.

---