Adjusting indexed locations

Sasha Mikheyev

May 20, 2015, 2:33:26 AM5/20/15
to foxtrot...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding the use of specific indexed folders (the "In:" field). First, how does one remove one of the search options? There is an option to add them, but not to remove them. Second, how do I add mail to this list? By default mail lives in a hidden folder, which is not easy to access using the folder selection tool.

Thanks,

Sasha

FoxTrot Engineering

May 20, 2015, 5:55:49 AM5/20/15
Sasha Mikheyev wrote:

>I have a couple of questions regarding the use of specific indexed folders
>(the "In:" field). First, how does one remove one of the search options?

In the general preferences, clear the "recent folders menu".

>There is an option to add them, but not to remove them. Second, how do I
>add mail to this list? By default mail lives in a hidden folder, which is
>not easy to access using the folder selection tool.

You can type Command-Shift-G in the Open dialog, then type the (full or relative) path. For example, when the Open dialog shows your home folder, type Command-Shift-G, then type "lib", press tab, click "Go", then you can select any folder inside your Library folder.

Another option is to open the Library folder in the Finder (by pressing the option key when using the "Go" menu), then drag and drop the normally hidden folder from the Finder to the Open dialog in FoxTrot.

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

"It's so fast and the results so complete (on my early 2008 MacBook
Pro) that no other desktop search product is worth paying for."
FoxTrot Professional Search user comment on macupdate.com

Download a demo version from www.foxtrot.ch