Foxtrot pro unable to connect to index

Michael Biel

Apr 27, 2015, 6:07:05 PM4/27/15
to foxtrot...@googlegroups.com
I've owned Foxtrot professional for a little over a year now.  I love the application except for one thing.  I frequently get a message from Foxtrot saying it can't connect to my index.  I recently downloaded the latest beta hoping that perhaps things would be better but there's been no positive change in this regard.  Can someone give me some suggestions on what might be causing this behavior.  Sometimes Foxtrot will just "find" the index if I close the program and reopen it again but lately that hasn't been working much and now it looks like I have to rebuild/recreate my index again.  I'm on OS X 10.9.5 and currently running Version 5.1b3 build 1355 of Foxtrot.  Thanks

FoxTrot Engineering

May 1, 2015, 5:27:35 AM5/1/15
Michael Biel wrote:

>I frequently get a message from Foxtrot saying it can't connect to my index.

When this occurs, you can try to quit FoxTrot, and relaunch it while pressing the command and option keys, then check the "force-quit agents" checkbox. You can also send a report, and if you do so, please try to indicate what happened exactly, and what error dialog you got.

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

"Foxtrot is the product that Spotlight could have and should have been
but isn't. (...) If you are tired of dancin' with Spotlight, it is time
to do the Foxtrot"
FoxTrot Personal Search user comment on www.versiontracker.com

Download a demo version from www.foxtrot.ch