FoxTrot Search 6.0.2b1 for testing / High Sierra & APFS

CTM Development

Oct 29, 2017, 5:26:12 PM10/29/17
to Foxtrot Search
Dear FoxTrot Search discussion group,

A new build of FoxTrot Professional Search, FoxTrot Personal Search and FoxTrot Search server is available.

We believe that for folders containing many documents on an APFS-formatted SSD on High Sierra, this build will bring substantial performance improvements:

Version 6.0.2b1 download links:

We thank you in advance for your testing and reports using the following form:

Kind regards,

jean michel/ctm qa

Steven Merley

Oct 31, 2017, 10:07:37 AM10/31/17
to foxtrot...@googlegroups.com
Wow…..unbelievably fast search. Almost instant no mater how big the search set.

--

---

Vincent L

Nov 2, 2017, 2:49:08 AM11/2/17
to foxtrot-search
Speed feels about the same for me. 6.0.1 already feels pretty fast so maybe it's hard to tell if there is an improvement  I'm searching through an index size of 5.1 GB.

One thing that would be nice is if the thumbnails of my documents can show up faster. Often the thumbnails are slow to show up.