I've selected to index only video files but other files have been also indexed

Vitor Teodoro

Mar 7, 2015, 1:34:33 PM3/7/15
to foxtrot...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've just created a new index.

I've selected to index only video files but other files have been also indexed.

Is this a bug... or a feature?

What type of video files are indexed?

vitor

FoxTrot Engineering

Mar 9, 2015, 5:48:57 AM3/9/15
Vitor Teodoro wrote:

>I've selected to index only video files but other files have been also
>indexed.
>
>Is this a bug... or a feature?

FoxTrot indexes the filename of every file (and folder) in the indexed location (except hidden files), whatever the filetype. Then it indexes the content and metadata of the selected filetypes.

>What type of video files are indexed?

FoxTrot indexes the contents and metadata for every filetype supported by Spotlight, including the filetypes supported via third party metadata importers.
Which video metadata are you trying to index?

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

"If you keep a lot of material for searching (e.g. 2000 academic
papers), there is nothing like FoxTrot for speed, search refinement,
previewing. It will show you every search hit on a file in context."
FoxTrot Professional Search user comment

Download a demo version from www.foxtrot.ch

Vitor Teodoro

Mar 9, 2015, 7:58:47 AM3/9/15
to foxtrot...@googlegroups.com

>What type of video files are indexed?

FoxTrot indexes the contents and metadata for every filetype supported by Spotlight, including the filetypes supported via third party metadata importers.
Which video metadata are you trying to index?

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

I've chosen only video files and it also indexes other files like PDF :(

CTM Development

Mar 10, 2015, 7:23:28 AM3/10/15
to Foxtrot Search
Sir,

We are responding to your request in private email rather than on the discussion forum - see separate email.

Regards,

Chantal Favre/CTM

--

---