Developer site redesign -- rejoice!

Akshay Patil

Nov 30, 2011, 11:39:01 AM11/30/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
Nerds!

We* remade you our developer website. The new site is not only prettier, but cleaner and easier to navigate. We also beefed up a lot of our explanations of best practices / platform policies which I know all of you will appreciate.

Go take a spin and tell your friends. Merry hacking!

~ak
--
Akshay Patil / Foursquare Platform Evangelist
@akdotcom / @foursquareapi

* And by "we" I really mean Alice (@ byalicelee), our most recent platform intern. She rocks! We're on the look out for more student interns, so drop us a line if you're interested. (And for all you non-intern peeps out there, check out http://foursquare.com/jobs)

Akshay Patil

Nov 30, 2011, 12:04:42 PM11/30/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
Almost forgot! In the ramp up to launching the site, we silently launched a new endpoint but didn't tell anyone.

The endpoint returns a list of venues that are "similar" to the specified venue, based on check-in overlap. Use it to build that Pandora-meets-foursquare mashup you've always dreaaaaammed about (or do something else amazing! no pressure).

~ak