Newbe Question - Google Reader API not listed under "APIsColsole > Services"

Anthony Muratore

Jul 6, 2012, 2:31:01 PM7/6/12
to foug...@googlegroups.com
What gives? How are you supposed to register an application in the APIs Console in order to authenticate using oAuth 2.0? I understand this API may not yet be officialy supported, but does that mean you don't need to register it (or does that mean it's not supported under oAuth 2.0?

Also, I'm still searching through forums to find a good starting point for implementing simple php web app leveraging Reader API. Any links handy?

Thanks!
- Anthony

Matti Nescio

Jul 6, 2012, 6:12:25 PM7/6/12
to foug...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, 6 July 2012 21:31:01 UTC+3, Anthony Muratore wrote:
Also, I'm still searching through forums to find a good starting point for implementing simple php web app leveraging Reader API. Any links handy?

Viraj Sanghvi

Nov 12, 2012, 2:08:35 AM11/12/12
to foug...@googlegroups.com
Any chance you were able to figure out how to start using the google reader api with oauth 2.0, even though its not listed as a supported service?

Matt Behrens

Nov 12, 2012, 2:40:57 AM11/12/12
to foug...@googlegroups.com
If you can read Python, my library has OAuth2 auth implemented:

with tests here:

I have a client id for web applications setup in the APIs console.

--
Matt Behrens