Solution for " Cannot read the file for Signing C:\fakepath \ ITR4_.......htm"

kanhaiyalal khetan

Aug 16, 2011, 11:04:26 AM8/16/11
to forum4ca
Kindly help in this regard, when i tried to digitally sign my return,
the error showed

Dear Harsh Jain, Please follow the follwing stepts -
Go to internet option
Click on -
Security
Than on -
Custom level
Select -
"Include local directory path when uploading
files to a server"
"Enable" it.
Restart if necessary.
Now your problem will be solved.

Thanks & Regards
CA. Kanhaiya Lal Khetan, B.Com., LL.B., F.C.A., DISA(ICA)
K.L.Khetan & Co.,
Chartered Accountants
Nehru Road, Siliguri-734005(W.B.)
Conatct : (+91) 98320-34243
E-Mail : cakh...@gmail.com

" Cannot read the file for Signing C:\fakepath \ ITR4_.......htm"

However, I had registered the Signature first in the site
incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and also used Internet Explorer only to
do the filing.

Please guide me in this regard ASAP.

Thanks & Regards
CA. Harsh Jain M.Com., A.C.A.
Harsh Jain & Co.
Chartered Accountants
Kharagpur (W.B.)
Conatct : (+91) 99323-31587
E-Mail : jainh...@icai.org
Website : www.harshjainco.icai.org.in

Anil Musaddi

Aug 17, 2011, 8:48:35 AM8/17/11
to foru...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir,
This procedure will be required for all the options - i.e. Interenet,local intranet,  trusted sites and restricted sites.

Thanking you,
With Regards
CA Anil Musaddi
Musaddi & Associates,
Chartered Accountants,
M. K . ROAD ,
Malda - 732102
03512266913

“The worst thing in Life is- "ATTACHMENT” It  hurts when you lose it. The best thing in life is -  “LONELINESS” because it teaches you everything and, when you lose it, you get everything."

I am not so important that everytime I feel hungry , one animal has to die.

--
forum4ca is a Google Group of eServe online for the benefit of CA and other professionals. It is especially meant for written discussion & circulate information within group members. The mail may contain such research/advice/opinion/information/fact provided by any member and are subject to the accuracy and of the description of facts.The forum4ca, do not claim that contains in mail/information obtained after reading as a complete and accurate disclosure of relevant facts. Further this Group’s Owner/Moderator/Member are not liable for any damages or costs suffered due to action/transaction based on information on this Group.

Ajay Luharuka

Aug 18, 2011, 2:10:13 AM8/18/11
to foru...@googlegroups.com

Dear Mr. Harsh,

Create a folder named “fakepath” under c:\ & copy ITR4_.....htm to that folder & upload it from there. It works I have done this way.

Regards,

CA Ajay Luharuka

+919830070879

gurupr...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2016, 12:58:29 AM2/24/16
to forum4ca, aj...@luminoindustries.com
Hi,

I am also facing the same issue in chrome browser and Mozilla Firefox. its working fine only in IE browser.
Kindly suggest for Chrome and Mozilla.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Guruprasad

agicha vinod

Feb 24, 2016, 2:27:54 AM2/24/16
to foru...@googlegroups.com, aj...@luminoindustries.com

Dear
​Sir,
Please follow the follwing stepts -

​go to internet explorer​

Go to internet option
Click on -Security

​ tab​

Than on -
​ under internet ​
Custom level
​ option​

Select -
​ under miscellaneous category ​

"Include local directory path when uploading
files to a server"
"Enable" it.
Restart
​explorer
.
​u will find ur error solved

​ALSO IN ABOVE PROCEDURE NO NEED TO USE FOLDER FAKE PATH IT WILL DIRECTLY ​CATCH UR RETURN & dsc.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Vinod .H. Agicha,