Centura and Oracle 8.1.5 connectivity (err 9293)

Aleksey Burdakov

Aug 15, 2001, 12:00:31 PM8/15/01
I am trying to connect SQLTalk to Oracle 8i database.
I've read all postings in the group with no luck.

I receive the following error: 9293 "Cannot load any comm dll ..."
SQL*Plus works fine.

Here is my SQL.INI:

[win32client.dll]
comdll=sqlora32

[oragtwy]
remotedbname=ORASA,@TNS:SA
remotedbname=ORAAN,@TNS:ANALYTIC
longbuffer=32767
fetchrow=20
nodefparse=no
substitute=",
substitute=SYSSQL.,

I have added the following in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE
ORAOCI=oraclient8.dll

There is a path to ...ORACLE\BIN directory
I have checked that there is no other ociw32.dll anywhere else than ...\BIN dir.

Here are the version of the client libraries/execs:
oraclient8.dll - 8.1.5.0.0
ociw32.dll - 8.0.5.0.0

sqlwntm.dll 7.0.1-PTF4 Build 11972
sqlngci.dll 7.0.1-PTF4 Build 11972
sqlora32.dll 1.5-PTF3, Build 11958
sqltalk.exe 7.0.1-PTF4 Build 12171
sqltne.dll 7.0.1-PTF4 Build 11972

What have I forgotten ?

Best Regards,
Aleksey Burdakov

ryan

Aug 17, 2001, 2:44:04 AM8/17/01
I was having the same issues with 8i and Win2000. Check to make sure
that the dll, 'gtlsi20.dll' is installed in the same directory as
sqlora32.dll. I found that is was not installed by default on WIN2000.
Once I copied it in, I was able to connect to Oracle via SQLTalk.