09293 GCI NDL Cannot load any communication DLLs, network may not be installed

karl...@yahoo.com.hk

Jan 9, 2006, 4:04:39 AM1/9/06
Dear all

I was assigned to evaluate Team Developer 2005 for migration from 16bit
to 32bit. In my PC, which had been installed SQL Net 7 (16 bit)
already, SQL Net 8 was installed and tested OK with tnsping80.exe.
However, the application could not run successfully with this
connection error. The following is my sql.ini:

[win32client.dll]
comdll=sqlora32
;comdll=sqlodb32
;comdll=sqlapipe
;comdll=sqlwsspx
;comdll=sqlntnbi
;comdll=sqlnpipe
;comdll=sqlws32

[oragtwy]
uselob=1
remotedbname=tosp,@tosp
remotedbname=vsdh,@vsdh
substitute=' ',
longbuffer=100000
fetchrow=20

Is there any errors in the sql.ini file? Will the SQL Net 7 affect it?
Please help. Thank you.

karl...@yahoo.com.hk

Jan 9, 2006, 3:59:47 AM1/9/06

karl...@yahoo.com.hk

Jan 9, 2006, 4:03:33 AM1/9/06

karl...@yahoo.com.hk

Jan 9, 2006, 4:04:41 AM1/9/06

karl...@yahoo.com.hk

Jan 9, 2006, 4:05:06 AM1/9/06

kdre...@boerner-it.de

Jan 13, 2006, 10:06:10 AM1/13/06
Hallo,

your sql.ini is correct for Oracle 8(i).

> [win32client.dll]
> comdll=sqlora32
> ;comdll=sqlodb32
> ;comdll=sqlapipe
> ;comdll=sqlwsspx
> ;comdll=sqlntnbi
> ;comdll=sqlnpipe
> ;comdll=sqlws32
>
> [oragtwy]
> uselob=1
> remotedbname=tosp,@tosp
> remotedbname=vsdh,@vsdh
> substitute=' ',
> longbuffer=100000
> fetchrow=20

The error message implies, that on your computer the pathes are not
correct found.
Posible reasons:
1. sql.ini is not found
2. communication dll (sqlora32.dll) is not found
3. oracle runtime dlls (necessary for communication dll) are not found
(e.g. tnsnames.ora)
4. net8 is not correct installed or not found
With earlier version of CTD you must register net8 in the Centura
registry keys.

In some times we got an problem, if two or more versions of sql.ini are
on the same computer. Then the path sequence determines what sql.ini is
found by the system.
Please check, if all components are correct found on your computer and
correct the path variable if necessary.
Hope it helps.
With regards from Eisenach

Dr. Klaus-Dieter Remmler