SSL support is not available in this build

Xavier

Mar 3, 2009, 10:46:40 PM3/3/09
to forceworkbench
Hi, I wish to try out Workbench but I am getting the error "SSL
support is not available in this build" everytime I try to login into
workbench.

I am running workbench2.2.15_2009-02-15 on XAMPPLite, and the SSL
seems to have already enabled (I am able to login to https://localhost).

For your information, I am also running behind a proxy.

Would be glad if you can point me to the correct direction to resolve
this, thanks :)

altaiojok

Mar 4, 2009, 11:42:02 AM3/4/09
to forceworkbench
Hi Xavier,

This error is not coming from the Workbench itself, but rather from
PHP when the soapclient is trying to make an SSL connection to
Salesforce (not the SSL connection to https://localhost). From
googling this error, there are others that are having this issue with
other applications that use the soapclient, but this posting from
http://webponce.com/rants/2008/04/https-support-for-soap-in-php5-under-windows/
seems to be the most straightforward:

If you’re seeing error messages about missing https wrappers when
trying to use SOAP (”Unable to find the wrapper “https” - did you
forget to enable it when you configured PHP?” or “[HTTP] SSL support
is not available in this build”), you haven’t installed the SSL
libraries to support secure transactions.

1. Uncomment

extension=php_soap.dll

in your php.ini

2. Uncomment

extension=php_openssl.dll

in your php.ini

3. Copy

ssleay32.dll

and

libeay32.dll

to your windows system32 directory

4. Reboot apache, et voila!

If it is still not working, you could try a different LAMP/WAMP/MAMP
package that has SSL already enabled for the soapclient. A poster at
http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=PerlDevelopment&message.id=1210
had luck with the full XAMPP (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xampp/),
not XAMPPlite.

If you still can't get it working, please send me you phpinfo() page
(as explained in installation) and php.ini and I can take a look.

Also, if you just want to try to Workbench without SSL to Salesforce,
you can go Advanced login and change the Server Url from HTTPS to
HTTP, and make sure that you have "Require secure connections (https)"
in Saleforce disabled under Setup | Security Controls | Session
Settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Ryan

On Mar 3, 7:46 pm, Xavier <yzav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I wish to try out Workbench but I am getting the error "SSL
> support is not available in this build" everytime I try to login into
> workbench.
>
> I am running workbench2.2.15_2009-02-15 on XAMPPLite, and the SSL
> seems to have already enabled (I am able to login tohttps://localhost).

renato....@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2009, 4:21:16 PM4/22/09
to forceworkbench
Hi Ryan,

I have the same issue, in fact if I try cinnecting without the ssl
still got the same message. (but I'm on Win Vista)
Can you tell me hoy can I fix it?

in my psps status the HTTPS (SSL) is active and I can access https://localhost

Thanks a lot for your response
Renato

On 4 mar, 12:42, altaiojok <ryan.brain...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Xavier,
>
> This error is not coming from the Workbench itself, but rather from
> PHP when the soapclient is trying to make an SSL connection to
> Salesforce (not the SSL connection tohttps://localhost). From
> googling this error, there are others that are having this issue with
> other applications that use the soapclient, but this posting fromhttp://webponce.com/rants/2008/04/https-support-for-soap-in-php5-unde...
> seems to be the most straightforward:
>
> If you’re seeing error messages about missing https wrappers when
> trying to use SOAP (”Unable to find the wrapper “https” - did you
> forget to enable it when you configured PHP?” or “[HTTP] SSL support
> is not available in this build”), you haven’t installed the SSL
> libraries to support secure transactions.
>
>    1. Uncomment
>
>       extension=php_soap.dll
>
>       in your php.ini
>
>    2. Uncomment
>
>       extension=php_openssl.dll
>
>       in your php.ini
>
>    3. Copy
>
>       ssleay32.dll
>
>       and
>
>       libeay32.dll
>
>       to your windows system32 directory
>
>    4. Reboot apache, et voila!
>
> If it is still not working, you could try a different LAMP/WAMP/MAMP
> package that has SSL already enabled for the soapclient. A poster  athttp://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=PerlDev...

altaiojok

Apr 24, 2009, 2:04:30 AM4/24/09
to forceworkbench
HI Renato,

When you say you get the same issue when you connect without SSL, are
you talking about using "http://localhost" OR "http://
*.salesforce.com/..."? If it is with localhost, that is not where the
issue is; the problem is with the connection to Salesforce. There are
ways to force SSL not to be used, but this is not secure nor elegant.
What I'd recommend is to try changing your LAMP/WAMP stack. You can
try a different bundled stack or try building your own, which actually
isn't nearly as bad as it sounds. In fact, I'm planning on changing
the Workbench installation instructions to something like this because
I think it is more straightforward:
1. Install a Apache web server "Win32 Binary including OpenSSL
0.9.8i (MSI Installer)" http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
2. Install PHP using the Windows installer (http://www.php.net/
downloads.php), and when installing make sure you choose soapclient
and curl modules
3. Drop in Workbench

I haven't actually done the installation of LAMP on a Windows machine
in a while, but the last time I did, it was something like the steps
above and it worked fine. Let me know if you run into snags with this,
and I can see if I can help.

-Ryan

On Apr 22, 1:21 pm, renato.sche...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
>
> I have the same issue, in fact if I try cinnecting without the ssl
> still got the same message. (but I'm on Win Vista)
> Can you tell me hoy can I fix it?
>
> in my psps status the HTTPS (SSL) is active and I can accesshttps://localhost

Renato Scherer

Apr 24, 2009, 10:12:04 AM4/24/09
to forcewo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot, In fact I have XAMPP installed... that's maybe the problem

I will try, changing the apache
Regards