REMINDER: 2nd Deer Booklet Give-Out - People Needed This Weekend!

Dave Shishkoff

Feb 28, 2014, 1:38:45 PM2/28/14
to foa-vict...@googlegroups.com, victoria-...@googlegroups.com
Don’t forget the 2nd half of our booklet distribution is on Saturday, please join us, we need to visit a lot of neighbourhoods!! Details below.

Thanks for speaking up for deer,

- Dave

PS – if you’re available today 3-6pm, we’ll be also doing a SLOW DOWN FOR DEER session on Cadboro Bay Rd just across from the Uplands Golf Course. We’ll have extra signs, just show up if you have some time to spare and can help encourage people to slow down on this section of road, details on the issue here: http://blog.thevictoriavegan.com/2014/01/oak-bay-are-deer-problem-or-is-it.html

Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 12:58 PM
Subject: 2nd Deer Booklet Give-Out - People Needed This Weekend!

Hey everyone – our first event went very well, we gave out 2,500 Living With Deer booklets in north Oak Bay a few weeks ago, but we still have a lot of homes remaining in south Oak Bay!

If you like walking, than this is for you – we need people to go door-to-door and leave a booklet in each mailbox. It’s fun and easy, and you can experience what our postal workers do. ;) (No need to knock or speak with people, our goal is just to get a booklet to each household’s mailbox.)

We’ll be meeting in front of Oak Bay City Hall from 12-4pm on Saturday, March 1st – come by our table and get some booklets, and pick your neighbourhood (or we’re happy to assign one).

More details (and photos and media coverage from the previous session) here: http://blog.thevictoriavegan.com/2014/02/oak-bay-deer-booklet-distribution.html

And if you’re on Facebook, RSVP on our Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/248398695332897/

More on the whole deer situation in Oak Bay and Victoria: http://thevictoriavegan.com/deer/

Thanks so much for helping Oak Bay coexist peacefully with deer – hope you can join us!!

Dave Shishkoff
Canadian Correspondent

2013-logo-email
Box 50024 - RPO Fairfield Plaza