Demo today for deer, Friday as well!

Dave Shishkoff

Mar 19, 2014, 1:34:38 PM3/19/14
to foa-vict...@googlegroups.com, victoria-...@googlegroups.com, Amanda Sather
Hey everyone,

Two more deer demos – one today, one on Friday! If you’re curious why we’re doing this and what goes on, check out this interview with The Raging Kucing:

These are really important efforts, essential for making people aware of wildlife in our neighbourhoods, and that we need to change our behaviours.

We know that Cadboro Bay Rd is where nearly all deer are being hit, and Oak Bay Council is doing little to address this section. We know people are speeding along here (we’ve purchased a radar sensor) and very rarely do we see police pass (3 hour stretches without a single police car going by, on what’s known as the fastest road in Oak Bay, at rush hour!) We’re doing Oak Bay’s job, essentially.

If you can attend either day, please RSVP with our demo leader Amanda: amanda...@gmail.com

From Amanda:
Today! "Slow Down for Deer" demo on Cadboro Bay Road near Cedar Hill Cross Road from 4-6 pm. Please join us at the highest deer-vehicle collision crash site in Oak Bay to raise awareness to drivers to SLOW DOWN and watch for deer and to pressure Oak Bay to install better signage and enforce speed limits. Bring an easily-read sign if you can (we have extra) and waterproof clothes and be ready to know you are greatly helping the deer!
Hope you can attend,

Dave Shishkoff
Canadian Correspondent

2013-logo-email