fo-dicom 3.0, first beta published on NuGet!

Anders Gustafsson Cureos AB

May 20, 2016, 4:09:20 AM5/20/16
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Today, we have published the first beta release of fo-dicom 3.0, this time consisting of 13 NuGet packages!

fo-dicom is now truly the "first-stop" package providing the links to all platform libraries. Note that the fo-dicom package no longer includes the Legacy library, so for those still wanting to use the obsolete asynchronous methods, the fo-dicom.Legacy package has to be explicitly downloaded from NuGet. The fo-dicom.Platform package has been deprecated; the fo-dicom package provides the corresponding contents.

Highlights of 3.0 include:

* Separate NuGet packages for each target platform
* .NET Core (Level 1.3 and higher) platform supported
* Updated to DICOM dictionary 2016b
* JSON support
* Compressed codec support for Xamarin and Mono platforms (RLE, JPEG 8-bit lossy, JPEG 2000 8-bit)
* IP address and port publicly exposed in network associations
* Static methods for identifying and accessing DICOM servers running on specific port
* Deflated Explicit VR Little Endian transfer syntax fully supported
* Improved default value handling in DicomDataset.Add methods
* ... and lots of bugfixes and minor enhancements

Please try out this pre-release today to identify whatever bugs and issues we still might have, so that the 3.0 official release can become the most reliable release ever :-)

Happy fo-dicoming!
/ The contributors via Anders @ Cureos

Gustavo Saita

May 23, 2016, 12:20:50 PM5/23/16
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Wooooooow! Amazing work Anders! Thank you very much and Congrats!!