A Public DICOM Dictionary Lookup Site (and Source based on fo) Now Available

Manabu Tokunaga

Jul 7, 2014, 11:25:05 PM7/7/14
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Greetings!

Often I need to lookup up either the meaning of a DICOM tag or the tag for a DICOM dictionary definition.

I have been a bit tired of opening up the Part 6 of the standard in PDF and do a Find every time I want to do this.

So I whipped up a quick app on the web that does this for me. Thanks to the Twitter bootstrap css, it formats nicely on a mobile web as well as desktop page, so now I can just leave it bookmarked and whenever I need it I can quickly do a DICOM dictionary definition lookup.

Of a special interest to the fo-dicom fans is that this demonstrates the ease at which this type of web application may be developed in a matter of a few hours, and just with a few lines. Also, if you are new to the Web API gives you a bit of glimpse into implementing Web API RESTful service.

The tool also has a link to Chris Heavies' "Drag and Drop" JavaScript DICOM dump program which is (really much more) cooler than my app, but between the two I think you can save a bit of time.

Please drop me a note, if I can add more useful features. I am going to add some static pages as a "cheat sheet" for required and optional attributes for C-FIND and QIDO-RS queries a bit later on.

http://dicomdictionaryservice.azurewebsites.net/

And the entire project is located at this GitHub URL

https://github.com/imanabu/DicomDictionaryService

-- Manabu Tokunaga
manabu (at) lury (dot) net.