multi language Fields

yonatan....@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2017, 9:54:19 AM4/24/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Hello,
I'm working on migration from V1.036 to V3.
On V1 we used AddLanguagePN to add multi language PN. I'm trying to understand hot to do so now(for example Japanese and English or Chinese and English) can some one give me an example?
Thanks,
Yonatan

Anders Gustafsson Cureos AB

Apr 24, 2017, 11:37:29 AM4/24/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Hi Yonatan!

Please provide some example code showing what you did with 1.0.x.

Regards,
Anders @ Cureos

Yonatan sy

Apr 27, 2017, 8:44:40 AM4/27/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
            dataset.AddLanguagePN(DicomTag.ReferringPhysicianName,
                new MultiLangPersonName
                {
                    Names = new string[] { "Wolfgang - D.R. ¼Éß", "イガ゙シメ" },
                    Encodings = new Encoding[] { ir100, ir13 }
                });

Anders Gustafsson Cureos AB

Apr 27, 2017, 10:31:47 AM4/27/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
As far as I can tell from looking at old commits, AddLanguagePN was not part of the DicomDataset API in 1.0.36, nor has MultiLangPersonName ever been a part of fo-dicom's API in 1.0.36 or later versions.

Either you are using a non-official build of fo-dicom, or you are using some extension methods which have been provided by external authors. Please check the origins of the older fo-dicom class library you have used.

Regards,
Anders

Yonatan sy

May 4, 2017, 2:53:16 AM5/4/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
I'm trying to add a multi-language patient name tag, I need to add Chinese and English string. could you please post an example?

Anders Gustafsson Cureos AB

May 5, 2017, 11:59:39 AM5/5/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
See this response to a recent Github issue. If you use UTF-8 character set (ISO_IR 192), you should realistically be able to combine e.g. Chinese and English.

Regards,
Anders @ Cureos

Yonatan sy

May 7, 2017, 4:53:43 AM5/7/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
I meant doing something like Last^First^Middle=AlternateLast^AlternateFirst^AlternateMiddle

Anders Gustafsson Cureos AB

May 8, 2017, 1:37:09 PM5/8/17
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
I have never before come across this kind of convention. Can you please provide a link to the DICOM Standard where this setup is described in more detail?

Yonatan sy

May 9, 2017, 4:34:48 AM5/9/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
On part 5 of the standard in clause 6.2 there is a definition to PN fields using the  "=" character.
At the same document at Appendix J in J3 clause you may find this example.

Anders Gustafsson Cureos AB

May 9, 2017, 5:20:13 AM5/9/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Thanks for the info.

Currently there is no dedicated support for this particular scenario, but I don't see why you should not be able to write such a text string directly e.g. to the Patient's Name. Like this:

dataset.AddOrUpdate(DicomTag.SpecificCharacterSet, "ISO_IR 192");
dataset.AddOrUpdate(DicomTag.PatientName, "Wang^XiaoDong=王^小東=​");

Please try it and report if you run into any issues with this approach.

Regards,
Anders

Yonatan sy

May 10, 2017, 5:56:38 AM5/10/17