Connect With Ultrasound Machine

Nguyễn Văn Phúc

May 8, 2015, 5:55:59 AM5/8/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
I'm new to .NET DICOM Oak Fellow. I've found a way to read images from DICOM files and now I want my machine can take pictures directly from the ultrasound machine. Is there any way I can do this through Oak Fellow DICOM libraries not?
Thank you!

Ian Yates

May 8, 2015, 8:23:59 PM5/8/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this is possible with fo-DICOM.

I've verified connectivity with GE Ultrasound equipment.  IIRC there's a sample listener that comes with fo-DICOM.  I'm not on my usual PC at the moment but if you need more of a pointer just write back and I'll dig up the appropriate sample later :)

Nguyễn Văn Phúc

May 9, 2015, 5:48:21 AM5/9/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Great! I will wait for Your sample.
Thank Ian Yates,

Ian Yates

May 10, 2015, 2:26:55 AM5/10/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
In the Examples folder you'll find the C-Store SCP example.
It's a console app.

In the OnReceiveAssocationRequest method you'll want to change the guard condition (line 60) - or just remove it entirely.

I had that very same sample code hooked up to a GE Ultrasound machine a couple of months ago.

Make sure you allow port 104 in your firewall.  To simplify things, just use an IP address in the Ultrasound machine rather than trying to let it resolve DNS names (depending on how well the network is set up it can be hit & miss).

Let us know how you go :)

Nguyễn Văn Phúc

May 10, 2015, 10:16:08 PM5/10/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
I will try to connect with an ultrasound machine from example.
Thank you so much.

Nguyễn Văn Phúc

May 11, 2015, 11:41:38 PM5/11/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
I try with C-Store SCP example but this is error: "Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted".
Please help me.
Thank.

Ian Yates

May 12, 2015, 7:45:53 AM5/12/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Do you have other DICOM software running on your machine that's using port 104 already?

One easy way to find out is to open Task Manager, go to the Performance tab, then hit "Open Resource Monitor".  Once in the resource manager, change to the "Network" tab, expand the "Listening Ports" panel.  Sort by the Port column.  See what process is using 104....

Nguyễn Văn Phúc

May 14, 2015, 9:58:42 PM5/14/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Thank Ian Yates so much. I will test with Ultrasound Machine and I hope this is successfull.