No codec registered for tranfer syntax: JPEG Baseline (Process 1): Default Transfer Syntax for Lossy JPEG 8 Bit Image Compression

Halit İNCE

Dec 7, 2016, 12:45:55 AM12/7/16
to Fellow Oak DICOM
var lImage = new DicomImage(@"D:\Archive\test\test.dcm");

No codec registered for tranfer syntax: JPEG Baseline (Process 1): Default Transfer Syntax for Lossy JPEG 8 Bit Image Compression

Anders Gustafsson Cureos AB

Dec 7, 2016, 4:43:11 AM12/7/16
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Which fo-dicom version are you running? Have you downloaded fo-dicom as NuGet packages? Have you selected processor architecture x86 or x64, because "Any CPU" will not load the codec libraries.

Halit İNCE

Dec 7, 2016, 7:17:17 AM12/7/16
to Fellow Oak DICOM

o-dicom versiyon 2.0.2

Anders Gustafsson Cureos AB

Dec 7, 2016, 8:07:17 AM12/7/16
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Then please check which processor architecture you are compiling for. There is (obviously) no native codec library available for "Any CPU", so you need to set Platform Target to either x86 or x64, depending on actual architecture of the executing system.

Jan-Walter Benjamins

May 25, 2017, 4:20:51 PM5/25/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Just switched from 1.0.36, which worked for me great for a couple of years. Now decided to move up, because I had problems with some DICOM images not being rendered.

I ran into a compiler error on: DicomTranscoder.LoadCodecs(binPath, System.Environment.Is64BitProcess ? "Dicom.Native64.codecs" : "Dicom.Native.codecs"), so decided to skip it, but now I get the same exception.

Do I really need to compile for x86 and x64 apart? That really is a pain in the neck!

Jan-Walter Benjamins

May 25, 2017, 4:46:45 PM5/25/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
And back to the old version it is! Unbelievable! It is performing less, giving me lots of headaches.... missing information I used to read without a single problem and not helping me on the images I used to read without problems. Too bad :-)

Anders Gustafsson Cureos AB

May 29, 2017, 4:55:05 AM5/29/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Jan-Walter,

As has been discussed numerous times on different forums, you need to build for either x64 or x86 (depending on your current architecture) to ensure that the correct native DLL is included. It is also described in the wiki, here. If you do persist in building for the Any CPU architecture, you may still succeed to consume the correct native DLL if you as part of your build process copy both the Dicom.Native.dll and Dicom.Native64.dll to your bin directory.

Regards,
Anders @ Cureos

Edward Marcus

Jan 24, 2018, 3:46:29 PM1/24/18
to Fellow Oak DICOM
I am getting the same result

Complied in Visual Studio 15, set processor type to x86 and the codec JPEG Baseline remains unregistered.

I confirmed the Native.dll is with the .exe.

Edward Marcus

Feb 2, 2018, 1:20:53 PM2/2/18
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Figured this out-

as the win 32 bit pc needed installation of the VC 20015 redistributable package for the fo-dicom codecs to be recognized from the x86 build.