Newbie: Which Repository to use?

stefan...@logima.de

Mar 30, 2015, 8:22:06 AM3/30/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm a a newbi in fo-dicom and wonder which code/repository I should use for my first steps. I saw that the original repository is gone, but which of the forks is the one I should use?

I want to convert an image (png, bmp, tiff) to a dicom file - is there any example code for this "problem".

Best regards!
   Stefan

Chris Horn

Apr 1, 2015, 5:31:32 PM4/1/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefan,
that's a hard question to answer there are many forks.
Myself, Anders and Manabu manage this google group now, and there are plans in progress to pick a new fork as the source and re-invigorate fo-dicom.
That being said I'd suggest the best starting points would be (based on experience and discussion with other members)

https://github.com/cureos/fo-dicom  (Contains very usefull windows 8.1 & windows phone 8.1 focused fork)
https://github.com/hdesouky/fo-dicom (This fork added DicomDir and Dicom Print)
https://github.com/lste/fo-dicom (this fork has some good example's for Dicom worklist)
https://github.com/GMZ/fo-dicom (this is my fork, some WPF examples fix's from a number of forks combied)